10000 Math Questions?

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:2 members

10000 Math Questions?

by RiyaR » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:49 am
Hey is there a 10000 Math questions document like its there for SC? Does anybody have it?

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:30 pm
Hi RiyaR,

You might have a better chance at a response if you post this in the Lounge Forum (on this site). I should warn you about these types of documents though - they sometimes contain questionable practice material that is out-of-date or unrealistic. Also, without a solid set of tactics that you use consistently (and correctly), you'll just keep working through practice problems in the same way that you've worked through previous problems. There's a point at which QUALITY practice/work is more relevant than QUANTITY.

What practice materials have you used so far?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

by RiyaR » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:40 pm
The OG has been done with and Advanced GMAT Math but in advanced GMAT Math, the pdf copy that I got from a friend didn't have that many questions. Also, I recently got a copy from one of the posts of an excel called 300+ GMAT Math questions with Best solutions. What do you recommend?

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member

by [email protected] » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:53 pm
Hi RiyaR,

Can you remind me what you've scored in the Quant section of your last few CATs?

Rich

by RiyaR » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:30 am
It was ok...About 76 percentile. I found that I made mistakes in problems that I shouldnt have. My though process was that the more I practice the less prone I will be to making those mistakes.

by RiyaR » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:32 am
And also it was a complete panic session...I was hoping practice would get both of these factors under control

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member

by [email protected] » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:07 pm
Hi RiyaR,

Silly mistakes are usually the result of reading too quickly and not taking enough notes. Doing lots of practice problems probably won't fix either of those issues, so you should take a step back and work on your "mechanics."

Go back to the questions that you got wrong but shouldn't have and ask yourself "what could I have written down to help me avoid that mistake?" Then redo the question, from scratch - go through all of the steps (on the pad) and put some energy into the details. With that type of mindset, you'll find that most questions are just a bunch of little steps, you'll take the notes automatically and the silly mistakes won't happen (because you're doing all of the necessary work to remove the possibility of a silly mistake occurring).

Rich