Affordable online accounting courses?

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:3 members

Affordable online accounting courses?

by ewright927 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:40 am
Hi all,

I'm planning to apply to bschool this fall, and I want to bulk up my quant background before doing so. I did well enough on the quant section of the GMAT (47 raw score, 70th percentile), but I majored in and now work in public relations, so I don't have much else to show schools that I can handle the academic rigor. I didn't take many quant-heavy classes in undergrad -- 1 probability course, 1 stats course, and 1 econ course. I've heard that accounting in particular can be pretty rough in bschool if you've never taken it before, so I'd like to take a course in that. I've looked into classes at my local community college, but at just under $1000, it's more than I'm willing to spend.

Long story short - does anyone have any recommendations for free or relatively affordable (under $300 or so) accounting courses that I can take online (or in person in the DC metro area)? Or, any other courses I should focus on that would help bulk up my quant background? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!