TOEFL IBT-110, a cakewalk after GMAT

You just Beat The TOEFL/IELTS/Cambridge/PTE!
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

TOEFL IBT-110, a cakewalk after GMAT

by rohitowe » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:25 am
Hey Guys!!

Just received my TOEFL IBT score. I got a 110 with the following Breakup: Reading 28, Listening 29, Speaking 27, Writing 26.

A useful tip (at least it worked for me) : If possible attempt TOEFL just after you take GMAT/ GRE. With a rigorous preparation for these exams, TOEFL will be a cake-walk. In fact I had no idea about structure of TOEFL a few hours before I gave TOEFL. I did my preparation on my way to the exam center by reading a few things on my phone i.e. which section comes first etc.

EXAM Time
I found that the reading comprehension passages were very lengthy but with more than 15 minutes in hand I decided to skim the entire passage first. Skimming made it very easy for me to answer the questions. In the listening section I made short notes and thus forced myself to concentrate more.

After these two sections I was dead tired and was surprised and also relieved to get a 10 min break. Ya, I had just no idea that you get breaks in between and that's why I carried nothing to eat. This was a huge mistake as I only had a light breakfast and I was exhausted by the end of the test.

Next was the speaking section and I knew that I needed to put my maximum efforts here because you do need a good preparation to understand the material and compile a response in 15-20 secs and then deliver a convincing response in exactly 45 secs. I quickly made a strategy that I will try to back my response with a data or an example. After concentrating really hard in the speaking section, my mind gave up on the writing section. I took rest for 10 minutes and then attempted the prompts. Writing section was again very easy. But I was so tired by the end of the test that I could only give an average response.

Again, I give all my credit for a decent TOEFL attempt to my GMAT as it prepared me to think super quickly.
I feel good about my score. But certainly had I eaten something, I would have had an even more enjoyable experience at the test centre.

Best of Luck Guys!!!
Deepak

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:7 members
GMAT Score:540

by sahilchaudhary » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:02 am
Thanks mate for sharing your experience.
Sahil Chaudhary
If you find this post helpful, please take a moment to click on the "Thank" icon.
https://www.sahilchaudhary007.blocked