Oxford vs SDA Bocconi

Congrats! Tell us how you did it
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:2 members

Oxford vs SDA Bocconi

by Davide » Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:33 am
Hi guys,

I just received final offers from those two bschools, and I have roughly two weeks to make up my mind and decide which program to attend next year. Since I am not leaning toward any of the two options, I want to ask your opinion ("which one? why?"), taking into account that:

- I am Italian/29/male
- I would like to develop my post-MBA career in Europe, and it would be even better if that could be Italy
- I lack some relevant work experience (I am an academic)
- My first option in terms of sector would be management consulting, followed by Energy/Tech/Pharma
- My background is BSc+MSc+PhD in Environmental Engineering (Water/Waste/Green Energy/etc) - currently research fellow at an Italian university+some relevant int'l experience
- My GMAT is 690, my TOEFL 113
- A scholarship would be more than welcome, given my career path (very low salary if compared to the private sector)
- I love Oxford and I am sure the year I'd spend there would be awesome - at the same time I know Milan is the right place to be in Italy as an MBA student

To sum up, I am torn between these two programs, for each of them has its strengths and weaknesses. Any kind of help would be very welcome, especially if focused on post-MBA career opportunities. I'll be happy to provide you more detail about my story/ambitions/background/anything else!

Thanks in advance, I really need your help!

David