Decide: Based on fees factor

Congrats! Tell us how you did it
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Decide: Based on fees factor

by niceman2006 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:32 am
I need to decide among the following Bschools:

1) University of Alabama (ranked 58, US NEWS) - Menderson Grad BSchool - $20,000 with chances of on campus employment
2) UT Texas (ranked 38)- no scholarship
3) University of Cincinnati - (ranked 99) (16 months with intership) - Half ride / 50% scholarship

Objective: MBA with General Management - courses related to finance, real estate, Risk, Management & Tax

Job roles: Risk & Compliance, Management & Administration in Big 4

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:4 members

by neha24 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:09 am
kindly share ur profile .ur score

by radiomorphosis » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:20 am
Based on fees and ROI,I think University of cincinnati would be the best.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by Apply Point » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:10 pm
I would highly recommend UT Austin. When you are going back to school, and you are not going to get a license to do something, as you would in medical school or law school, prestige/rankings mean a lot, especially for that first post-MBA job. There is no board or bar to pass when your MBA studies come to a close. UT Austin is an amazing program with numerous academic opportunities and a wonderful career placement reputation.

You will incur some debt, but your opportunities will likely be greater at UT Austin.

I wish you all the best.
Mary Pat Jacobs
Director, Apply Point Admissions Consulting
www.applypoint.net

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:9 members

by MBAAdmissionsCoach » Thu May 02, 2013 8:03 am
Hi Niceman -

I'm curious if you've made your decision yet.

I'd like to share my perspective if you haven't yet made the decision.

Prior to becoming an MBA Admissions Consultant, I was the Director of MBA Admissions at Texas A&M, and the University of Texas was one of my toughest competitors. I also have experience with another MBA program that is more similar to Alabama and Cinncinnati.

You can only pursue your MBA once. You want to get it from the strongest school possible. The strongest school in your choice set is UT Austin.

I know that the cost of an MBA is very important. However, this is not a decision to make based on fees. You should be considering the long-term return on your investment.

Mary Pat is right when she says that reputation is critical in your post-MBA career. This is true just at graduation, and throughout your career. Furthermore, the economy in Texas is very strong and employment opportunities for UT graduates are excellent.

There is simply no comparison between lesser ranked schools and a higher ranked program like UT Austin.

Best of luck - and let us know what you decide!

Wendy
I love to talk about MBA admissions with MBA applicants! If you find my posts helpful, please take a moment to click the "thank" icon at the top of the page and/or follow me!

Wendy Flynn
MBA Admissions Coach
[email protected]
https://MBAAdmissionsCoach.com

Blog: MBA Expert Insights: https://MBAAdmissionsCoach.com/blog

Facebook: https://www.Facebook.com/MBAAdmissionsCoach

Twitter: https://www.Twitter.com/WendyLFlynn

Member of AIGAC: Association of International Graduate Admissions Consultants

by niceman2006 » Fri May 10, 2013 8:52 am
Thank you all for your valuable inputs.

I will prefer University of Alabama (Menderson Graduate School of Business)based on the following personal factors:

1) I am unable to invest more on my MBA studies as i had recently paid my undergrad school loan. I got 50% scholarship in Alabama, so it will be a good choice based on ROI.

I will certaily choose UT over University of Alabama based on the reputation of the UT and placement record, but i do not have much time and money to spend.

2) Faculty at University at Alabama in among top 10 among Business Schools as per Prinston Review.

3) Living expenses are again a factor for me.

4) It is the top regional school in Alabama.

This is my personal choice.

by sohilnivas » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:39 am
please share ur score