MBA dream...!!

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

MBA dream...!!

by JMVD » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:34 pm
Hi ,

It will really helpful if some Seniors/Experts can share some insight on my profile. What are my chances in the colleges I have shortlisted.Could you please suggest some colleges which I might have missed and will be good for my profile. I want to pursue full time MBA starting Fall 2014.

1.) Female/Indian/29 years
2.) Work Experience : I have work experience of aprrox 7+ years . I have been working in a leading Semiconductor firm since 2006. I am currently holding a position of project cum team lead in my company . In my career span, I have lead and worked on multiple projects targeting different market segments from high end to low end and closely worked with marketing team. I have international work experience .I have collaborated with cross continent teams ( US , China , Israel ) and have been a top performer in my company .
3) GMAT : 690.(Q49/V 35)
4) Academics : I did my B.Tech from Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology ( Electronics and communications) with CGPA of 9.32/10 (2002-2006)
I was among top ten students of my batch and only girl among toppers.Throughout my schooling excellent acads. State Scholarship holder in my higher secondary.( was among top 20 students of the state with approx 0.5 million student appeared for exam that year)
Extracurricular
5.) I have played in State-level Volleyball team . I was Captain of basketball team in my college.
6.) Working with a NGO school for mentally challenged students over weekends.
7.) Spearheading various clubs in offices: to name a few CRG (community relation group), Women club, Basketball club.
7.) Was Pretty active in college clubs . Was General Secretary of Event Coordination for Inter college Fest. Member of dance club.
8) Target schools - Ross , Duke , UNC , UCLA , CMU , USC-Marshall , Kelley , Emory , Mccombs ,Haas , Smith.
9) I plan to apply in R2 2013-2014.
10.) Goals - Short Term : Want to go into product management gradually moving to Business strategy.

Thanks for your time..:)

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by InterviewBay2 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:43 am
Hi,
You have an excellent profile. Your work experience is very good. Though GMAT is slightly lower, I wouldn't worry too much as you have outstanding GPA. You should aim high. Don't apply to more than 5 schools (preferably 3) in R2. It takes a lot of time to produce a quality application. Though most of the questions at top business school applications look same/similar, your answers need significant fine tuning to make an impact.
LBS and INSEAD will like your international experience and cross cultural exposure. European schools generally tend to take people with slighly more experience. You might want to consider them. If I were you, I would remove UNC, Kelley, USC, Emory and Smith and add LBS and INSEAD to the list. Speak to few students and alumni at your target schools. You might want to read the free ebook - How to get into top a business school at https://www.interviewbay.com/mba/how-to- ... -ebook.php.

www.interviewbay.com
Mock interviews and Application reviews by Alumni

by jugal jain » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:48 am
hi ! I am planning to do my MBA from SP Jain Global ... and I badly want to do it from my dream city DUBAI ...am I allowed to choose my own campus??

by anantd » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:14 am
I don't think, you are allowed to choose the city as S P Jain's Global MBA goes like 4 months in Dubai, 4 months in Singapore and 4 months in Sydney. You may want to check their website https://www.spjain.org/gmba

Regards,
Anant

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by rohitnacs » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:05 pm
Hello friend,

I saw you profile and I appreciate it that you have such an excellent working experience and academic details. As you told that you have completed B.Tech in ECE and are working in a semiconductor firm but still you may know that in today's competitive market, only graduation degree in not enough to get success in life, all should needs to be a post graduate to face all entrance of organization.
So I wanna suggest you that you should do either MBA in HR or M.Tech in ECE by distance courses because it will save your time and money as well and can provide you flexibility to continue your current job.

https://www.ipsmeerut.com/

https://www.ipseduhub.com/