Harvard Law School : Join LLM with a JD and no TOEFL

You just Beat The TOEFL/IELTS/Cambridge/PTE!
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi,

Can I join a LLM of Harvard Law School with a JD in Common Law of University of Sherbrooke in Canada without TOEFL ?

On the website Harvard I found thaht : "complete their basic legal education entirely in the English language must take the TOEFL within two years prior to submitting their applications. IELTS scores are not accepted in place of TOEFL scores. Applicants with at least two consecutive years of university education conducted entirely in English may request a waiver of the TOEFL. Waivers are not automatic, and are granted at the sole discretion of the School Graduate Program to which you are applying for.

NOTE: If you have not completed at least two consecutive years of university education conducted entirely in English, your request for a TOEFL waiver will be automatically denied, depending on each schools TOEFL admission process.

You may submit your application without your TOEFL score, but you must state in your application when you took the exam (or when you will be taking it) so that the school will know when to expect your TOEFL score report. Note that you may be at a disadvantage compared to other applicants who have had their TOEFL reports sent in on time.

new TOEFL scores can be accepted throughout the admissions process. However, you may retake the TOEFL and arrange for ETS to have your new score report sent as soon as it is available, depending upon the schoools TOEFL allowance."

But, JD in Common Law in Canada at the University of Sherbrooke is offered with a summer quarter (in May-August), during 2 consecutive summers.

Indeed I have 1 year with english courses during summer and 1 year with english courses during other summer again.

So, Can I join llm program of University Harvard without toelf ?