supplemental quant classes for app

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:2 members

supplemental quant classes for app

by basso25@ » Mon May 27, 2013 7:27 pm
hi all:

would love expert advice on WHICH quant classes are the highest valued from adcomm perspective as it relates to supplementing non quant academic and professional background with quant coursework. i am applying this coming fall (round 1 or 2) and am very interested in beefing up my candidacy. have not taken the gmat yet, and would like to consider taking additional courses.

i am a marketing/ad professional with a BS in Communication Studies from NYU. Took only intro econ/math courses, and otherwise have not developed strong quant skills professionally either. my target schools are kellogg and hbs.

i've also heard that the ONLY way these additional courses can help your app is if you get straight A's in them. Is that true? Are there any other requirements/mandatories that need to be considered?

Thank you so very much in advance for your help - I truly appreciate it.

basso25@

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:266 members
GMAT Score:770

by Jim@StratusPrep » Tue May 28, 2013 8:47 am
Are As mandatory? No, but realize that you want to put your best foot forward. Realistically, I would study for the GMAT and work on getting a solid quant score. If you can do that, you won't have to worry about taking more classes.
GMAT Answers provides a world class adaptive learning platform.
-- Push button course navigation to simplify planning
-- Daily assignments to fit your exam timeline
-- Organized review that is tailored based on your abiility
-- 1,000s of unique GMAT questions
-- 100s of handwritten 'digital flip books' for OG questions
-- 100% Free Trial and less than $20 per month after.
-- Free GMAT Quantitative Review

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:2 members

by basso25@ » Tue May 28, 2013 9:39 am
Jim: thanks for the reply. Yes, definitely remain focused on putting the strongest quant score together. Would also like to know which quant classes would be most valuable for adcomm to see on my resume as well. Would love your thoughts there as well. Much obliged!