Hi !!

Could you please evaluate my profile.

Profile Details:-

GMAT: Male
Nationality: Spanish

Education:-

1.- Master in Civil Engineering
• 1-year International Exchange in a Grande Ecole in France
• Final year project: Structural design of a new theater-exhibition building for a Paris-based architectural firm
• Top 15% of class (37th out fo 250)

2.- Certificate in Construction Business Management

Work Experience:

1.- Recent 2 years: Founder and General Manager of a consulting firm provider of engineering services to private industry. Designed and supervised more than $24 million construction projects.

2.- 1-year working in a Leading Spanish Construction and Real Estate Company as a Construction Manager

3.- 4 months of experience working in a Civil Engineering Consulting based in Paris, France as a Project Engineer

4.- Member of the Board of Directors and CEO’s part-time assistant in a family-business provider of Construction Services

Extracurricular Activities:

1.- Engineers Without Borders volunteer representative at the Spanish civil engineering association

2.-Founder and leader of a local political party delegation achieving a good result in the last elections

GMAT: - 705

Target B-schools:-

Columbia BS
Kellog
Insead
MIT Sloan
London Business School
Instituto de Empresa

Career focus: Entrepreneurship / General Management

With this information, could you please answer the following questions for me:

1) What are the chances of getting admission in these B-schools ?
2) Which school or schools do you think I have a stronger chance to get in?
3) Any aspects of my application that you feel I should pay extra attention to, in general or with regards to specific schools?
4) Any other school that you think I should apply to ?

Thank you so much for your useful and unvaluable help

Best regards,

Diego

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:2 members

by Eliot » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:44 pm
Diego,

Thanks for your post. You clearly performed well in your Masters program, graduating in the top 15% of your class. You also scored a solid 705 on the GMAT. Assuming that you performed as well in college, then your academics will allow you to be competitive at top business schools.

You also have a nice set of work experiences in the construction industry. I am particularly impressed that you have founded a consulting firm providing engineering services on construction projects worth $24 million. You clearly are a successful entrepreneur, which will help you stand out from other applicants who follow more traditional paths.

In addition, your volunteer work at Engineers without Borders reaffirms your engineering strength. In addition, it is interesting that you have been involved with politics.

You mention that you have entrepreneurial career goals. I would need to learn more about your actual entrepreneurial career goals - will you be hoping to expand your existing firm or start an entirely new firm?

It appears that you have the raw materials to be competitive at the top business schools you have listed. You might consider adding Wharton, given its entrepreneurship program. Now you just need to settle on your message and convey that message clearly in your applications.

Sincerely,

Eliot Ingram
Clear Admit LLC
Eliot Ingram
Clear Admit, LLC
[email protected]
215 568 2590

Stay Informed with Clear Admit!
Read our Blog for daily MBA admissions tips and updates.
Follow us on Twitter for breaking b-school news.
Download our Publications on MBA programs and admissions strategy.
Visit our MBA Admissions Wiki to read and share application insights.