Only SC first ..Is strategy sounds OK?

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

Only SC first ..Is strategy sounds OK?

by piyush_nitt » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:27 pm
Hi Gurus,

I am a slient member of a group and has recently started the preparation.

I am planning to concentrate on SC first as I believe this section would be the major road block from scoring high scores for me;therefore started with Manhattan SC guide and then planning to move on to SC sections from OG 11 and OG 10 .after gaining confidence am planning to start with CR and RC respectively from OG 11 and OG 10. and finally maths. Is this strategy sounds OK ? Or should I concentrate on all sections equally ?

Please advise.

Thanks
PG

Legendary Member
Followed by:6 members

by mayonnai5e » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:37 am
Honestly, I believe you should just start with going over all sections - lead the basics, do one or two practice cats and see where you stand first. What you think is your biggest weakness may actually not be your biggest one at all. From my experience, it is hard to really tell where your weakness is across all sections until you've taken a cat or two.

My approach: study the basics, take a cat or two, find your strengths, focus on your strengths first then move to weaknesses. You will see big gains by working on furthering your strengths first, which increases your confidence and that creates a nice upward spiral.
https://www.beatthegmat.com/my-blog-erro ... t4899.html
550 =\ ...560 =\... 650 =) ...570 =( ...540 =*( ...680 =P ... 670 =T ...=T... 650 =T ...700 =) ..690 =) ...710 =D ...GMAT 720 DING!! ;D

Learn more about me

Legendary Member
Followed by:14 members

by aim-wsc » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:48 am
That doesnt sound a good strategy, PG. I agree with mayonnai5e.
You should at least assess all areas of GMAT, know what your weaknesses are, where you should spend more time & then set the study schedule accordingly.
Spend more time of week in your weak areas. But do not IGNORE other areas completely.