Chicago GMAT In Person Prep Course

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Chicago GMAT In Person Prep Course

by hckysgreat1 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:09 pm
Has anyone taken a GMAT prep course in Chicago? If so, could you please provide the course name, pros and cons and what GMAT score you received/improved? Specifically, I am looking at the DePaul in-person course.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:30 am
Hi hckysgreat1,

From your post, it sounds like you're looking for an in-person class. While you will likely find at least a few different classes in Chicago, when it comes to studying for the GMAT, there are a variety of different options - and it might be that what you 'want' and what you 'need' are not necessarily the same thing. It sounds like you're just starting out. Is that true? Have you done any studying so far?

If you're just beginning, then it would be a good idea to take a FULL-LENGTH practice CAT Test; you can download 2 for free from www.mba.com (and they come with some additional practice materials). If you want to do a bit of practice first, so that you can familiarize yourself with the general content and question types first, then that's fine - but you shouldn't wait too long to take that initial CAT. A FULL CAT takes about 4 hours to complete, so make sure that you've set aside enough time to take it in one sitting. Once you have those scores, you should report back here and we can come up with a study plan.

I'd like to know a bit more about your timeline and goals:
1) What is your goal score?
2) When are you planning to take the GMAT?
3) When are you planning to apply to Business School?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:247 members

by ceilidh.erickson » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:08 pm
I'll let other weigh in with personal experiences. I just wanted to note that Manhattan Prep offers in-person courses in Chicago. You're welcome to attend the 1st session of any of our classes for free to see if it's a good fit: https://www.manhattanprep.com/gmat/clas ... on/chicago
Ceilidh Erickson
EdM in Mind, Brain, and Education
Harvard Graduate School of Education