Manhattan sample tests difficulty level

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Manhattan sample tests difficulty level

by sweetpauline » Fri May 12, 2006 1:51 am
Hi!

everybody -well, everybody taking the GMAT :)- knows that Kaplan tests are the hardest, or that Princeton Review are easier, or that the PowerPrep ones are the more acurate.

But, what about the online Manhattan tests that come with the books? how hard are them? i found them at least at the same difficulty level that the Kaplan ones. The responses analysis provided is impressive, though.

what do you guys think from your experiences taking test? are the Manhattan tests comparble to the Kaplan ones?

lets beat the gmat...

thanx,
Pau

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

by beatthegmat » Fri May 12, 2006 11:13 pm
I don't have much experience with the Manhattan GMAT material, but from what I've heard I imagine that this company creates tests that are probably harder than the actual GMAT.

Take your GMATPrep scores seriously, but don't take your scores from tests made by prep companies too seriously. I have yet to encounter a GMAT prep company that has created a really good simulation of the actual exam. Most companies create questions that are poorly constructed/designed: that's what usually makes these tests difficult.

Some advice: take one GMATPrep test at the beginning of the studies to get an early guage of your performance. Take the second GMATPrep test at the very end of your studies to get a preview of the score you will likely receive on the actual GMAT.

Best of luck!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by dblazquez » Sun May 14, 2006 2:11 pm
Thats a good advice... i keep an excel sheet with all the full test scores i've obtained and, dude, thats crazy, ranging from 500 to 650 almost randomly.

I can say that the reports returned by the Manhattan test engine are the best, with a lot of detailed information.

thanks, eric!!

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by sweetpauline » Mon May 15, 2006 12:36 pm
Thanks dblazquez and eric for your answers!!