Quality controlling what you are doing

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Quality controlling what you are doing

by HannibalPrep » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:19 am
I dont like to waste words and therefore I will quality control, "QC", this post, one could say. This is a powerful concept borrowed from management. It is so easy to use it in various ways in life because it puts you in an attacking and detective mindset. Let me illustrate some applications:

- when you take an exam, particularly the quantitative part of the GMAT, you quality control at discrete intervals whether you are heading on an optimal solution path and whether what you have done so far is correct - so you say to yourself "let me quality control my work at this particular step to make sure I did not commit a careless mistake!" .

- when you speak, you ought to think before. You could say let me quality control "I count to 10 before I speak" - like the old adage says

- when you finish an iteration of any work like a business plan, you could step back and see what picture comes out: Does the whole make sense? Am I heading in the right direction? Do I really need to do it this way?

The integrated learning approach is about linking different lessons from different fields and reasoning exams to promote critical thinking in education and life in general. Here you have one simple idea for an infinite number of applications and benefits.

To see the original post: https://hannibalprep.com/2011/11/04/qual ... are-doing/

More articles to come, stay tuned!
If you find my posts helpful, please take the time to click the "thank" icon at the top of the page and/or follow me!

You can watch free video courses, read articles, or enroll in a specialized mentoring program on "HannibalPrep.com - towards an integrated learning approach", an online academy that improves students' critical thinking skills through an innovative integrated learning approach

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:266 members
GMAT Score:770

by Jim@StratusPrep » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:55 am
Thanks for the helpful information!
GMAT Answers provides a world class adaptive learning platform.
-- Push button course navigation to simplify planning
-- Daily assignments to fit your exam timeline
-- Organized review that is tailored based on your abiility
-- 1,000s of unique GMAT questions
-- 100s of handwritten 'digital flip books' for OG questions
-- 100% Free Trial and less than $20 per month after.
-- Free GMAT Quantitative Review