how to score 700+

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

how to score 700+

by [email protected] » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:09 am
Hey i am appearing for the gmat exam on 7th august,2012... I don't have much time to prepare and i have a very poor verbal section.. Coud someone please suggest how should i go about it..I have solved the OG-13 and already ordered OG-for verbal. Also i have not started practicing the AWA. I am really worried and i need to get a 700+ score somehow..

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:57 pm
Hello! I am happy to help you in your quest to take the GMAT exam! First I should probably tell you that there is no one study method that works for everyone or that can guarantee you a certain score. Sorry! But I am happy to help you with some resources and get you started in the right direction.

Our research department recently did a study in which they examined the study strategies of students who recently took the exam. They did find some common strategies among students who scored a 700+ on the exam. Those students tended to spend more time studying, and had a study strategy in place.

As for other study materials, you may want to look on some of the other forum threads to see what other students say has worked for them. In addition, you may want to try GMAT Write, our online study software for the AWA section: www.mba.com/gmatwrite?WT.mc_ID=80.0027. Good luck!
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!