Integrated Reasoning

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Integrated Reasoning

by Suz » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:55 am
Hi,
I'm a little concerned about the new IR section.I didn't do well in the section in my practice test. I've scheduled my exam for 13th August- so I was wondering how much time you think I should dedicate to IR. The rest of my preparation is going relatively smoothly. I'm going to use my GMAT score in another 3 years when I apply to business school- so I'm assuming that my IR score will be relatively more important by then? Is a week(8 hours a day) enough preparation time for this section?

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:143 members

by Kasia@EconomistGMAT » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:51 am
In my opinion 8 hours a day is really a lot and should be enough to make a significant improvement. The score from the IR will definitely be more important in 3 years' time than it is now. Generally you need to get acquainted with the types of questions used in the IR. The skills tested in this part of the exam are also tested in Critical Reasoning and the Quantitative Section.
Kasia
Senior Instructor
Master GMAT - the #1 rated GMAT course

"¢ If you found my post helpful, please click the "thank" button and/or follow me.

"¢ Take a 7 day free trial and find out why Economist GMAT is the highest rated GMAT course - https://gmat.economist.com/

"¢ Read GMAT Economist reviews - https://reviews.beatthegmat.com/economis ... mat-course

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by Suz » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:11 am
Thanks..that's reassuring. Could you also recommend what material I should use? There's an online bank of IR questions i got with OG 13 and the GMAT Prep software.. will they suffice?

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:266 members
GMAT Score:770

by Jim@StratusPrep » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:09 pm
That should be good enough. You can get some practice with the GMAT Prep software as well.
GMAT Answers provides a world class adaptive learning platform.
-- Push button course navigation to simplify planning
-- Daily assignments to fit your exam timeline
-- Organized review that is tailored based on your abiility
-- 1,000s of unique GMAT questions
-- 100s of handwritten 'digital flip books' for OG questions
-- 100% Free Trial and less than $20 per month after.
-- Free GMAT Quantitative Review