GMATFocus number of math questions

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:7 members

GMATFocus number of math questions

by tutorphd » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:20 pm
Hi, I'm a quant tutor for GMAT.
I have two questions about GMATFocus:

1. How many math questions does the database of GMATFocus currently contain, EXCLUDING any Integrative Reasoning questions?

2. How many of the questions in (1), do not appear in the Official Guide 12th edition or the Quantitative Review 2nd edition?

I am asking because I sent a student for diagnostic testing with GMATFocus and later he asked me about a question taken straight from the Official Guide 12th edition. So I would like to know what is the overlap with older published questions.
Skype / Chicago quant tutor in GMAT / GRE
https://gmat.tutorchicago.org/

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:14 pm
tutorphd wrote:Hi, I'm a quant tutor for GMAT.
I have two questions about GMATFocus:

1. How many math questions does the database of GMATFocus currently contain, EXCLUDING any Integrative Reasoning questions?

2. How many of the questions in (1), do not appear in the Official Guide 12th edition or the Quantitative Review 2nd edition?

I am asking because I sent a student for diagnostic testing with GMATFocus and later he asked me about a question taken straight from the Official Guide 12th edition. So I would like to know what is the overlap with older published questions.
Thanks for your question! We do not release the number of questions in our GMATFocus database but I am happy to answer your other question. There was a 17 question overlap between the 12th edition and GMAT Focus, and no overlap between the Quant supplement and GMAT Focus. With the introduction of the 13th edition, there is now no overlap between the Guides and GMAT Focus.
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!