Could you please evaluate my profile?

Launched January 9, 2010
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Could you please evaluate my profile?

by mahen_gupta » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 am
GMAT - 730/5.5/Verbal-39/Quant-50 (This was my 3rd attempt. Prior Scores were 620 and 660)
Academics - Indian percentage system; Does not follow US GPA. Excellent record. Always been in top 10% of class. Completed graduation with Honors.
Degree - Electrical Engineering
Extra Curricular- not impressive
Work Ex - 10 Years, First 6 Years in IT Consulting. For last 4 years, working with a large US insurance company in IT support as a Project Manager. Working in US for more than 6 years.
Age - 32
MBA Aspirations - Secured admission in India's Top most MBA program. Want to go for a top tier school in US.

Question - I want to move on to business consulting and to secure this kind of profile, I want to leverage my experience as an IT consultant( 6+ years) and my excellent insurance industry knowledge.
1) Given that most of the top tier US schools have an average age of 27-28 years for their MBA programs; does it make sense at this stage in life to go for a 2 year MBA program?
2) Also, Do I stand a chance for top-10 MBA programs?
3) Do people in my age group stand equal chance in the palcements?

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:68 members
GMAT Score:750

by Bryant@VeritasPrep » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:54 pm
many top programs seem to have a bit of age bias. Have you considered an EMBA? With 10 years WE and leadership, you should be a strong candidate.
Bryant Michaels
MBA Admissions Consultant

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options