MBA Profile Fitment

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

MBA Profile Fitment

by prashant11690 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:06 pm
Hi. I am an engineering grad with my majors in Production & Industrial Engineering. After my graduation, i went into sales. Now i have 2 years & 10 months of work experience into sales.
Now i want to pursue my MBA into finance/international business/or anything which interests me(yet to decide). My question is, should i now switch from sales to completing my masters into something different from sales? Will i get into a good B-School even if i get a good GMAT Score? Will this be a good decision(in terms of my career)?
What's your opinion about this?

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:7 members

by Michelle@ARINGO » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:38 am
prashant11690 wrote:Hi. I am an engineering grad with my majors in Production & Industrial Engineering. After my graduation, i went into sales. Now i have 2 years & 10 months of work experience into sales.
Now i want to pursue my MBA into finance/international business/or anything which interests me(yet to decide). My question is, should i now switch from sales to completing my masters into something different from sales? Will i get into a good B-School even if i get a good GMAT Score? Will this be a good decision(in terms of my career)?
What's your opinion about this?
Thanks for reaching out!
So contrary to popular belief, the good business schools do not only look at your GMAT score (although it does matter, of course).

Instead, they have a rather holistic approach and look at that, your work experience, your academic record, your background, your extra curricular activities and more. So without knowing much more about you, it's hard for me to give you a very thorough assessment but I will say that adcoms tend to like measurable results and sales is great for that (if you are good of course), so it can be a great place to come from, although for a top school a managerial role would be preferable of course. You should also have measurable achievements to list on your CV before applying, it isn't really clear to me from what you wrote if you already do or don't.

I do think that you need to be clear about your post-MBA goal before applying, however, as that is also very important for your application and it doesn't really sound like you have decided on something regarding that yet. I would therefore recommend that you make that a priority before applying as you will need to convince the adcoms of why you really need an MBA and why you need it from them in particular in order to be considered.

Good luck!
ARINGO MBA Admissions Consulting
https://ARINGO.com/

Specializing in candidates with GMATs under 720

Try our free Admissions Chances Calculator - https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/
Or contact us today on: https://aringo.com/mba-process-registration/

Highest acceptance rates in the industry! All statistics verified by Ernst & Young