University of Hawaii Japan-Focused MBA????

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

University of Hawaii Japan-Focused MBA????

by dubc1982 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:07 am
I'm only applying to this program. It meets every career goal I have and seems like a great program. I'm not really concerned about rankings or anything like that. I went to a California State School and have done fine for myself. I had a couple of questions about the program.

1. How difficult is it to get in and do I have a good shot? On paper it looks very competitive: GMAT range: 570-700, average 630. GPA average 3.39.

I have a 3.45 cumulative GPA with 4.0 in all Major courses. I also did a diploma program at NYU after graduation and received a 3.85 cumulative. I will have a little more than 3 years of excellent work experience by the time classes would start. I'm hoping to get a GMAT score in the low 600s, but I have a bad track record with standardized tests.

2. It looks like under 200 people applied to all MBA programs last year, so my specific program should have a small number of applicants. If I get my application in very early, how much can this help me?

Since its such a specialized program I think that if I make a convincing case for my application to this Program and apply early it will be a great benefit to my overall application.

Any other general information about the school in general or anything helpful would be appreciated.