prime numbers

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:2 members

prime numbers

by amit28it » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:36 am
Hi ,
prime numbers are those having factor of itself and and 1 .So everyone know this and What is Prime Numbers.But can anyone tell this the main use of these numbers .So be here to answer my question about the use of these numbers in real life . Thanks

Legendary Member
Followed by:21 members

by shankar.ashwin » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:00 am
Haha, wonder what made you think "real life applications of prime numbers" :D

But prime numbers are typically used for encryption of data in real life.. Again those would involve really large primes which I am sure most of us won't be aware of. Primes typically don't follow a particular pattern and hence very difficult to crack when used as codes. You working in networking by any chance to come up with that question?

amit28it wrote:Hi ,
prime numbers are those having factor of itself and and 1 .So everyone know this and What is Prime Numbers.But can anyone tell this the main use of these numbers .So be here to answer my question about the use of these numbers in real life . Thanks

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:2 members

by amit28it » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:49 pm
Hi,
Mr. Shankar it was nice to hear to you and your thoughts.It's interesting to know that this list of all prime numbers are used for encrypted value and being used for authentication .Thanks for it .