GMAT Score 660 Q-49 V- 33

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

GMAT Score 660 Q-49 V- 33

by ravi.uppal2004 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:39 am
Hi,

I am a male candidate from India and recently appeared for my GMAT and scored Q49 and V 33 with total of 660 and a 5.5 in AWA , I will have 10 + years of experience and have been in the Management Consulting Six Sigma Industry..7 years in India and 3 + year in US
My GPA at graduation was in the range of 2.5 to 3 as it was not up to the mark during the time period i also pursued Master's degree with a GPA 3.7
My Bachelor's degree was in Economics and the Master's degree was in Accounting and International Business

Please let me know what are my options and which schools should i be targeting for a accelerated MBA/Full time MBA in the US, Singapore, Australia and India -- I am keeping my options open and am flexible to move to any country to purse my education, though I have been in the US for the last 3 years and would prefer to apply to schools out here

Also do I have any scope to apply for a Financial Aid as i will be funding my education myself and come from a middle class family?

Regards,
Ravi Uppal

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Alexbr@ClearAdmit » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:08 am
are you dead set on Full time, or are you also considering PT, and continuing your career. With your level of experience a full time program may be less attractive, whereas a PT or exec program may offer a better fit. cheers, alex
New Book! Becoming a Clear Admit: The Definitive Guide to MBA Admissions. https://www.clearadmit.com/products/admi ... dmissions/

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by ravi.uppal2004 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:28 am
Hi Alex,

Thanks for the reply! I am open to Exec programs but at the same time I want placement options as I have been working for the same organization since a long time and want to change over to higher positions or better opportunities once i complete my MBA
Also since i am an Indian citizen I will need a visa to work post completion of MBA to work in any other country

Regards,
Ravi

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Alexbr@ClearAdmit » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:05 am
well honestly, my expertise is narrowed mostly to the top schools. Within the US, you might find interest in schools in the outer limits of the top 50 (30-50ish), which in itself is not so bad. You would still get a strong education, you just want to make certain the schools you explore have the appropriate career management resources that really fit a potential career path in which you are interested. Also, make sure the school has a record for placing international students; often times the overall stats for careers looks impressive, but when you only focus on the placement of international students the story might be different. Hope this helps a little. cheers, alex
New Book! Becoming a Clear Admit: The Definitive Guide to MBA Admissions. https://www.clearadmit.com/products/admi ... dmissions/