Universities shortlist - USA MBA colleges

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi

I have a GMAT score of 650(Q:47 & V:32) AWA: 5 and also have a very good GPA. Coming to the background , I did my BTECH in electrical and Electronics Engineering and have 5 Years of experience . I have shortlisted the below universities to apply for full time MBA. Can you please suggest if the college list if fine or any other colleges can be inclded/excluded

Ohio State (Fisher)
Indiana (Kelley)
Arizona State (Carey)
Emory - Goizueta
USC (Marshall)
Minnesota (Carlson)
St. Louis (Olin)
Verginia (Darden)
Michigan (Ross)

Thanks

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Alexbr@ClearAdmit » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:03 pm
this is a nice mix of schools, in terms of reach (Darden, Ross), match and safety, but there really is not enough information in your post to suggest where your candidacy will really fit. Leadership, goals, community service, profile etc. cheers, alex
New Book! Becoming a Clear Admit: The Definitive Guide to MBA Admissions. https://www.clearadmit.com/products/admi ... dmissions/

Followed by:4 members

by 99Colleges: MBA Admission » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:49 pm
Hi adabalateja,

From the perspective of test score alone, your score falls close to most of your target schools. Olin, Darden, and Ross are bit distant (nearly 50-odd points), though.

Having said that, your GMAT score is one of several gears in a machine and it is mainly treated as a hygiene factor. You need to put up a solid application taking into account factors such as those mentioned by Alex.
Anil, MBA (Wharton)| MBA Admissions Consultant
--------------------------------------
Consulting| Contact at [email protected] for your queries on MBA Admissions
--------------------------------------
And if you couldn't make it earlier, get a free ding analysis

GMAT/MBA Expert

by Donna@Stratus » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:42 am
adabalateja wrote:Hi

I have a GMAT score of 650(Q:47 & V:32) AWA: 5 and also have a very good GPA. Coming to the background , I did my BTECH in electrical and Electronics Engineering and have 5 Years of experience . I have shortlisted the below universities to apply for full time MBA. Can you please suggest if the college list if fine or any other colleges can be inclded/excluded

Ohio State (Fisher)
Indiana (Kelley)
Arizona State (Carey)
Emory - Goizueta
USC (Marshall)
Minnesota (Carlson)
St. Louis (Olin)
Verginia (Darden)
Michigan (Ross)

Thanks
Hi there! Thanks for reaching out- you don't say what pool you are coming from as that 650 GMAT could be a little off or a lot off depending on what pool you are in. But as far as your list- I would say that Darden and Ross are pretty far stretches- but that you could be in play for some of the other programs. And showing interest in a particular school and having a compelling reason why you want the MBA can make the difference. So I'd really do a lot of research- visit if you can- if not go to online chats and email current students- find out how the program can help you achieve your goals and then really make sure the school sees your passion for the program. That can go a really long way- remember GMAT is just one part of the puzzle- it is important but there are a lot of other important parts too! Best wishes- and if you want to learn more about how we can help you- please go to this link for a free consult!https://stratusprep.com/free-consult/

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by Anshu018 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:25 am
Hi,

There are many steps to getting admission in one of the top MBA universities in USA. It is very important that you have one of the experts guide you through the process, whether it's about selecting the right MBA program or university in USA or setting up a personal and professional goal. Please keep in mind that it's not about selecting the top ranked universities, instead the focus should be on choosing an MBA program in USA or university that is right for you - given your background, finances, gmat score, etc.

I suggest you check out EdElevate - an overseas consultants in Delhi NCR region with over 15 years of experience in helping students get admission in one of the best MBA programs in USA. You can contact Sakshi Mittal at +91-9899101239 or visit their website at www.edelevate.com.

Hope this helps answer your question

GMAT/MBA Expert

by Donna@Stratus » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:57 am
adabalateja wrote:Hi
Hi @adabalateja- the list you have is good- I think Virginia (Darden) and Michigan (Ross) are really stretch schools with the 650 GMAT but with many of the other programs if you put together a compelling application you could be in the hunt. I'd also think about adding Rice, Wisconsin, BYU, Penn State, Simon and Krannert.

Ohio State (Fisher)
Indiana (Kelley)
Arizona State (Carey)
Emory - Goizueta
USC (Marshall)
Minnesota (Carlson)
St. Louis (Olin)
Verginia (Darden)
Michigan (Ross)

Thanks

Followed by:7 members

by Michelle@ARINGO » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:19 pm
I'm missing too much information here in order to be able to really give you a reliable answer, but feel free to try our Chances Calculator and fill it with as many details as you can and/or request a free profile evaluation from us. It should give you a nice indication of where you stand.
You'll find it here: https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/ and the profile evaluation form is in the top right corner.

Good luck!
ARINGO MBA Admissions Consulting
https://ARINGO.com/

Specializing in candidates with GMATs under 720

Try our free Admissions Chances Calculator - https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/
Or contact us today on: https://aringo.com/mba-process-registration/

Highest acceptance rates in the industry! All statistics verified by Ernst & Young