Unable to activate GMATPrep Exam Pack 1

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:31 pm
akshaya86 wrote:Hi Jeremy

I had purchased the GMATPrep® Exam Pack 1 with Order #212627124 (Sep 23, 2015) and installed it on my Mac OS (Version 10.10). The Exam Pack got activated at that point. When I returned to it today to write my mock, it had disappeared from my GMATPrep software. So I installed it again and tried to activate it but it repeatedly says licence has been used already when in fact I have not used it at all.

I tried the same on my Windows 7 system too because there generally seems to be a problem with the software on Mac systems, but I'm getting the same error message that says the licence has already been used.

I am unable to use the exam pack that I have paid for in full and purchased from www.mba.com

Requesting your support to resolve this at the earliest.
Hello,

We are currently working through an issue with Mac OSX 10.10. If you could please contact [email protected] with your issue, they will be able to help you with it and provide a solution or workaround, if available.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by akshaya86 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:31 am
Thanks Jeremy. I'll do that. Hope to receive a timely response from them.

by steventeng » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:56 pm
Hello Jeremy,

I purchased GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 and Question Pack on Sunday, October 18, 2015. Then, I downloaded the GMATPrep software immediately and installed all the files. On the setting page, I was able to see Exam Pack 1 and Question Pack appear on the list. However, when I went to the activation page, nothing happened after I put in the activation codes. Like many other people who have complained, I tried to activate them again. I was told I have already used those codes. This is more frustrating than anything on earth.

I have left a voicemail message to the customer service team. In addition, I also sent out two emails to the technical support team and the customer service center.

If within three days I do not get a solution, I will dispute this transaction through my credit card company and take legal actions accordingly.

My order number is Order #212679594.

Please leave any comments if you would like to.

Thank you.

by steventeng » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:20 am
I forgot to mention I also tried to deactivate the packs. It is 3 am in the morning; the deactivating process is still taking place. I like GMAC so much for inventing this piece of something.

Well, there is enough demand out there, and you won't care about your products and services.

Official Company Rep

by OfficialGMAT » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:25 pm
steventeng wrote:I forgot to mention I also tried to deactivate the packs. It is 3 am in the morning; the deactivating process is still taking place. I like GMAC so much for inventing this piece of something.

Well, there is enough demand out there, and you won't care about your products and services.
Hello Steven,

I have followed up on my end, and will let you know as soon as I hear from the products team.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Leah

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!

Official Company Rep

by OfficialGMAT » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:22 am
OfficialGMAT wrote:
steventeng wrote:I forgot to mention I also tried to deactivate the packs. It is 3 am in the morning; the deactivating process is still taking place. I like GMAC so much for inventing this piece of something.

Hello Steven,

I have followed up on my end, and will let you know as soon as I hear from the products team.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Hi Steven,

You should have heard from our Customer Care team regarding scheduling a remote session to get to the bottom of your issue. If there's anything else we can help with, please let me know.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Leah

by janicelamya » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:45 pm
Hi Jeremy,

I have problem with installing and activating my GMAT prep exam package one. I re-downloaded and re-installed the GMAT software for three times already, and nothing work. It keeps showing Error#1132.

I already emailed to the customer service couple days ago, but no one response. Would you please help?

Many thanks in advance!

Janice

by someshiiitj » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:47 am
You can just go to system info tab.
Click on repair.

Now do the process of activation again. It should work.

by Start » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:45 am
Hi,

I have ordered the exam pack 2 on 30/3/2016 and not been able to activate it.
FYI, using GMATPrep 2.3.322 version

Please find the below details:
Order Number: 213087100
Order Date: 30/03/2016
Customer Number: 100481921

Official Company Rep

by OfficialGMAT » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:18 pm
Start wrote:Hi,

I have ordered the exam pack 2 on 30/3/2016 and not been able to activate it.
FYI, using GMATPrep 2.3.322 version

Please find the below details:
Order Number: 213087100
Order Date: 30/03/2016
Customer Number: 100481921
You will need to upgrade to the latest version of the free GMATPrep software: v2.4.323. You can download the latest version here: https://www.mba.com/us/store/download-fr ... tware.aspx. If you continue to have issues, please reach out to [email protected] for further assistance and troubleshooting.
Leah

Followed by:1 members

by hhaviv » Mon May 09, 2016 2:07 pm
Thanks Jeremy!

---------

[quote="OfficialGMAT"][quote="chialadi"]I bought GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 on Sunday May 3 and have not been able to activate the exam pack. I downloaded the exam pack but when I enter the activation code and hit activate button, nothing happens. I restarted my PC gazillion times. While I am very unhappy about being unable to use the exam pack I bought because I really need to practice, I am more dismayed by the lack of customer service that GMAC has. I have sent emails to 4 support email addresses on your website ([email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]), I sent my first email on Sunday May 3 and 72 hours later I am yet to receive any response. I called the customer service numbers and each time my call gets dropped after being told representatives are attending to other customers. I believe other organizations handle this problem by putting people on hold. This is my worst experience as a customer of any organisation. If you care to help, my order Number is 212339754. Thanks[/quote]

Hello,

I apologize for the difficulties you are experiencing with the software. I have spoken about your issue with our customer service team. Your problem likely stems from an issue with the Free GMATPrep core software. Please do a complete uninstall and reinstall of GMATPrep. To do so, please uninstall the current version of GMATPrep installed on your machine. If you have history data (exam scores, practice question sessions etc.) that you want to carry into the new install, make sure you click [No] when asked if you want the uninstall process to remove all data. Then download and install the latest version (v 2.3.322) which is available for download on our website: www.mba.com/gmatprep. Once GMATPrep is re-installed, please then reinstall your exam pack by double-clicking on the .gsp file. You can always redownload the exam pack files from www.mba.com/mypurchases. If you are still experiencing issues, please let me know.

Thanks,
Jeremy[/quote]

by geetika11 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:09 am
Hi Jeremy,

I bought 2 gmat mock test from gmat prep. When I tried to activate the license key for the first time, it was taking too much of time. I cancelled and reentered the key. I am now getting the message:" that license number is already in use". I have tried restarting the gmat prep application & my machine , license key is not activated on my machine. I have also reinstalled the gmat prep app after uninstalling it completely. I am using the latest gmat prep software.
No one is picking up the customer care phone. I am planning to schedule test date in next 5 days. I need urgent assistance.

Order Number: 213281014
Order Date: 09/07/2016
Customer Number: 101078486

Thanks in advance.

Official Company Rep

by OfficialGMAT » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:47 am
Hi Geetika,

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please follow the directions listed below to resolve this issue:
1. Click "Settings" on the homepage of the GMATPrep software
2. Click on the "System Info" tab between the Settings and Installed Content tabs
3. Under "Licensing", your Nalperion Licensing Service version should be 7.3.5.0, please either click Refresh or Repair depending on what option is shown for your machine. Once you've click Refresh or Repair, you should now be able to activate the Exam Packs/Question Pack successfully.

Regards,

Abdul
geetika11 wrote:Hi Jeremy,

I bought 2 gmat mock test from gmat prep. When I tried to activate the license key for the first time, it was taking too much of time. I cancelled and reentered the key. I am now getting the message:" that license number is already in use". I have tried restarting the gmat prep application & my machine , license key is not activated on my machine. I have also reinstalled the gmat prep app after uninstalling it completely. I am using the latest gmat prep software.
No one is picking up the customer care phone. I am planning to schedule test date in next 5 days. I need urgent assistance.

Order Number: 213281014
Order Date: 09/07/2016
Customer Number: 101078486

Thanks in advance.
Leah

by Saimo244 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:44 am
Hello,

I bought the Gmat Exam pack 1 and was able to install it and take one mock test but when i tried accessing the pack the next day i couldn't. i tried reactivating it but i keep getting the msg that the license number was used. I uninstalled and reinstalled the package quite a number of times but it hasn't worked. I tried refreshing the license as well but that didn't work as well. I would like to get immediate assistance to get access to my pack since i have my exam in a week. I have sent an email to the technical department. I would like this issue to be resolved quickly otherwise I will have to dispute the amount made by my credit card. My order number is 213883063 and customer number is 102799361.

ThanK you.

TTT

by giuseppesgn » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:58 pm
Hi Jeremy,

I have the same issue, the message when trying to activate the exam pack says "the license key has already been used".

I have the latest version of the software.

I have tried to uninstall the software and install it again.

I have tried with a different computer using a Microsoft software instead of OS X.

I wrote emails to the customer service more than 48h ago and tried to call today all the day long without success.

Will you help me ?

Order #214187212
Installation ID: 6050-9619-4922-7692-5343-2903-9206-3646
mba.com Account E-mail: [email protected]

Thanks in advance for any help,

Best,

Giuseppe