Admissions Consulting Needed

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Admissions Consulting Needed

by ls0303 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:38 pm
I plan to apply to grad school for the Fall 2016 term. I am currently taking a GMAT prep course for a possible November test day. My top choice would be USC Marshall, second choice would be Pepperdine. What are my chances?

Undergrad GPA: 2.31 - I will be addressing this in an optional essay
Undergrad Degree: Obtained in 2015
GMAT Score: pending - aiming for 700+ in November 2015
Work Experience: 12 years total: 10 years in a large financial institution with a track record of promotions and project management experience and 2 years of retail sales
LORs: I can obtain solid ones from my direct manager who is a SVP and my Executive
Volunteerism: TreePeople, Susan G. Komen Walk, Revlon Walk for Cancer, held leadership roles in leading events for work

Supplemental Courses to Take:
Calculus - is this regular Calculus or can I take Business Calculus?
Statistics - College level Statistics or is Elementary Statistics sufficient?
Other? What other courses can I take?

Any advice would be appreciated!!

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:2 members
GMAT Score:720

by fxMBAconsulting (Leah) » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:11 am
You have a very atypical profile and rather than get half baked advice on the forums, I'd suggest you reach out to a consultant for a free evaluation.
Leah Derus
MIT Sloan MBA 2010
Independent MBA Admissions Consultant
[email protected]
fxmbaconsulting.com

MBA Admissions Consultants & Firms - How to Hire a Great One

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by robertguignard » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:56 am
Hello,

I worked with MBAitNOW and i would highly suggest you to contact them for a free consultation. The name of the consultant i worked with was Andre Torres. He will answer every question you ask. I hope it works out for you too.

Good Luck !

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by HBSAlumPE » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:25 am
ls0303 wrote:I plan to apply to grad school for the Fall 2016 term. I am currently taking a GMAT prep course for a possible November test day. My top choice would be USC Marshall, second choice would be Pepperdine. What are my chances?

Work Experience: 12 years total: 10 years in a large financial institution with a track record of promotions and project management experience and 2 years of retail sales
LORs: I can obtain solid ones from my direct manager who is a SVP and my Executive
Volunteerism: TreePeople, Susan G. Komen Walk, Revlon Walk for Cancer, held leadership roles in leading events for work

I recommend you reach out to Scott Edinburgh at Personal MBA Coach. I know he loves working with a wide range of clients and has had great success with challenging backgrounds including low GPAs. I've posted about my experience on here before which you can probably find, but the support at Personal MBA Coach is hands down the best out there (I've tried others as well). Take a look

www.personalmbacoach.com

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:7 members

by Michelle@ARINGO » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:47 am
ls0303 wrote:I plan to apply to grad school for the Fall 2016 term. I am currently taking a GMAT prep course for a possible November test day. My top choice would be USC Marshall, second choice would be Pepperdine. What are my chances?

Hi there,
We recommend using the online chances calculator on our website: https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/, or contacting us for a free evaluation.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:7 members

by Michael@VeritasPrep » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:56 am
So I'm a little confused about your profile. You say you have 12 years of experience, but you just obtained your undergrad degree in 2015? You'll probably have to address that in an optional essay as well. I think you are targeting the right programs for your profile. You might also want to look into executive programs since you have so much experience. Particularly UCLA and Michigan which just started an executive program in LA.