SUGGESTIONS PLEASE- Low GMAT score on first attempt.

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi,

I took the GMAT a week back and didn't do well. I scored 550 (Q-45, V-24). I have been struggling to crack the verbal portion, particularly CR and SC. Before taking the test, I went through Manhattan guides for the SC,CR, and RC. I solved questions from the OG (Verbal) and took a few mocks before the actual test where I was around the 28-29 mark. I couldn't cross the 30 mark and to be honest I was getting confused in most of the questions.

I'm planning to retake the test!!
How should I start again? Shall I join some coaching institute?

Thanks!!

Legendary Member
Followed by:24 members

by GMATinsight » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:52 am
Slacker89 wrote:Hi,

I took the GMAT a week back and didn't do well. I scored 550 (Q-45, V-24). I have been struggling to crack the verbal portion, particularly CR and SC. Before taking the test, I went through Manhattan guides for the SC,CR, and RC. I solved questions from the OG (Verbal) and took a few mocks before the actual test where I was around the 28-29 mark. I couldn't cross the 30 mark and to be honest I was getting confused in most of the questions.

I'm planning to retake the test!!
How should I start again? Shall I join some coaching institute?

Thanks!!
Well!!! you may get various advice here but I would simply advise you to take some expert help of you are stuck somewhere and struggling to find a way to improve scores.

There are various reasons due to which students keep getting low scores and certainly there are ways to overcome them by self preparation but the difficulty, Lack of confidence and frustration during self preparation may work against you and uncertainty that you will face will be much tougher challenge then.

However the only way to improve score is to identify the problem area and work towards it. You must understand here that Certainly finishing every study material is not the key.

We can help you identify your problem area during a free Demo assessment. Feel free to drop an e-mail.
"GMATinsight"Bhoopendra Singh & Sushma Jha
Most Comprehensive and Affordable Video Course 2000+ CONCEPT Videos and Video Solutions
Whatsapp/Mobile: +91-9999687183 l [email protected]
Contact for One-on-One FREE ONLINE DEMO Class Call/e-mail
Most Efficient and affordable One-On-One Private tutoring fee - US$40-50 per hour

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:51 am
Hi Slacker89,

I'd like to know a bit more about your situation and plans:

1) How long did you study?
2) When you took your practice CATs, did you take the ENTIRE CAT (including Essay and IR) or did you ever skip sections?
3) What were your scores (including Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores) for each individual CAT?
4) What is your goal score?
5) Where do you want to apply to school? And when?

The good news is that Business Schools don't care if you take the GMAT more than once. Also, since you've taken the Official Test, you'll have a better expectation for what your retest will be like.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]