strategy to get 760+... i can spare 3 months to study

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi,
I just started my gmat..I dont want to be confused with what books to buy for giving a good approach to score 760+ ... i have no problem in spending money to buy books or take online classes as this investment is for my future benifit.Time isnt a constrain for me , I can dedicate all my time to do gmat..
My taget is 760+ and im fired up..
i just want to know :-
1-What to do to study to get 760 + ?
2-what books to buy?
3-how can i monitor my preparation is in 750+ range ? (like:- the questions which i practise,are they in 750+ level questions ) ?

Thank you
awaiting your response

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:48 am
Hello, Girish9. It is great to see that you have such an ambitious goal! While there is no one study strategy that can guarantee you a specific score, I can suggest some resources for you. First, you should take a look at blog post written by our psychometric team. They looked at the study habits of GMAT test-takers and found some common traits among those who scored above a 700: https://www.mba.com/global/the-gmat-blog ... -gmat.aspx.

I also suggest you download GMATPrep,our free study software. It comes with two free practice exams, and uses the same scoring algorithm used by the exam: https://www.mba.com/store/product-info.a ... ID=80.0042.

I also recommend you re-post your question to one of the main forum threads. This is the forum thread to ask questions to GMAC, the makers of the GMAT exam. We cannot advise you on specific study strategy or provide an evaluation of third-party test prep materials. Other students and test prep people on the main GMAT Strategy Forum will be able to share with you their tips and advice.

Good luck!

Rebecca
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by faizan3366 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:40 am
its nice post......... :)
***~~~Faizan Hashmi~~~***