Source field in new posts

Have suggestions to improve this community?
This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:1 members

Source field in new posts

by rockeyb » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:57 pm
Hey Eric ,

I am not sure if this is the right way to approach you . But I feel that the forum needs some addition . Well if you look at the SC , CR or RC section or even the maths section there are a lot of question that have ambiguous answers . And may of the GMAT instructors have told that these are questions that are tweaked GMAT prep question OR modified OG questions etc .

Obviously these are not good questions to practice and are time waters as people bang their heads to prove their point , and more often than not such questions have more than one answer correct .

So I personally fell that the forum needs a modification where every new thread will have a mandatory filed for Source of the question . Doing so will not stop the posting of unauthorized questions , but will certainly keep their number in check .And may deter someone from posting things that they find over the internet .

On seeing an unreliable source students can themselves decide weather to participate in the discussion or not .

Being (Opps !! I used being ) a PHP programmer I can see that the forum is an PHP BB script which is open source and can be modified easily .

So I would like to know your views on this topic as this will certainly help improve the forum .

Again this is just a thought that I came across when involved in a discussion over such a question.

I just hope this was the proper way of reaching you .

Thanks for listing .
"Know thyself" and "Nothing in excess"