Simmons College, all womens college, MBA program info?

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members
Hi everyone. I am looking into Simmons College's School of Management to get my MBA in healthcare management in Boston, MA. Simmons is an all women's college. Does anyone have experience with Simmons College that they can share or if you have attended an all women's college for their MBA, can you please tell me more? Please share any advice, experiences or insight. Thank you.
Last edited by fareenj on Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:4 members

by NextGreatLeader » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:56 am
Considering the disproportionate under-representation of women in most business schools and in senior-level executive roles, I wonder how attending an all women's college for your MBA will affect your post-grad opportunities. I don't know anything about Simmon's, but if I were you, I would spend a significant amount of time researching it's placement statistics. I'd be very interested in hearing insight from anyone who has actually attended a similar MBA program.

Good luck with your research!

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by jaga » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:26 pm
Hi. I just attended to Forte Foundation's MBA Conference and I met an Assistant Director of Admission. Her name is Colleen Regan, email address is [email protected]. I encourage you to contact her directly and ask questions you have regarding the MBA program you are interested in. I hope it will help. Good luck!
fareenj wrote:Hi everyone. I am looking into Simmons College's School of Management to get my MBA in healthcare management in Boston, MA. Simmons is an all women's college. Does anyone have experience with Simmons College that they can share or if you have attended an all women's college for their MBA, can you please tell me more? Please share any advice, experiences or insight. Thank you.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:4 members

by NextGreatLeader » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:16 pm
You might find this article interesting. It's an interview with the dean of Simmons. https://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000087 ... sNewsThird

by fareenj » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:48 pm
Hi NextGreatLeader, thanks for the advice and the WSJ article, I found and read the article a few weeks ago!

Jaga, Thanks for the info, I actually attended the Forte Foundation's Conference in Atlanta, GA last week and met some amazing MBA graduates and got some good advice. Simmons College had a table there but the representative was not there so I didn't get to meet Colleen Regan, hopefully I'll see her when I get to Boston next week!!!!

I've been doing research on Simmons Colleges' MBA program for a while now and had applied for this Fall 2012 semester and in early August was accepted to their MBA program (as well as one other MBA program in Atlanta)after much contemplation, doing even more research and speaking with Simmons alumni and current students, I decided to take the offer and will be moving to Boston next week!!!!! I'm super excited and so grateful to all that I have learned from the beatthegmat.com members so I wanted to give you all a big THANK YOU for all of your support!!!

After two years of taking and retaking the GMATs and GREs, applying to several MBA, MPH, and MHA programs, getting accepted to some and rejected from others and a LONG application process, my dream to get my MBA (with a healthcare management concentration) is coming true!!!!

I hope to keep you all updated on my progress there and hope to motivate more women to apply and become interested in an all women's program such as Simmons Colleges' School of Management!!!

Thanks again,

Fareen

by Kemmy G » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:30 am
Hello Fareen.

I am researching the Simmons school of Management and decided to check the BTG community for help. From your last post, you said you accepted admission into Simmons and I assume that your programme will be finished now? Can you please give me a little more insight into the school? How was your experience, did you get a good job after the programme, and how strong is their career services department? I would appreciate any info you can give me asap as their deadline looms ahead of me in November.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kemmy G