Should I re-take Gmat?

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Should I re-take Gmat?

by CHANG YANG » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:06 am
Hi,
my name is Chang and I am from China as you can tell from my last name. I have taken Gmat and got 660 ( v:27 M:51).And I am going to apply accounting major at UW (Foster) and Southern University of California.

Here is my profile: my GPA is currently 3.8+ and I was an intern at Pricewaterhousecoopers (PWC) Shanghai Office for a month. Also I worked as an intern at China Unicom (a local branch) for 2 months. China Unicom is one of the 500 fortune. I do not have too much extracurricular activities and I did attend Food Drive once.

Based on my profile, should I re-take gmat to bounce my score? Thank you very much.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:5 members

by Dozie@VeritasPrep » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:26 pm
Thanks for sharing your profile. I would say based on the information provided I think you are fine on your GMAT and given your high GPA I don't think there should be too many questions about your aptitude. Your verbal score looked a little low so hopefully you're TOEFL score will not cause a red flag here. With schools like USC and UW I would also recommend showcasing your interest and highlighting fit where applicable. Although you stated you had minimal extra-curriculars sometimes hobbies can serve as an insight into your interest into how you spend your time outside of school and work. If there is anything relevant there I would find a way to incorporate so you don't come across as too one-dimensional

Hope this helps!
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who's right for you. Meet our team!
Register for a free MBA Admissions Workshop!

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by CHANG YANG » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:15 pm
Thanks for your reply and I am actually graduating from Central Washington University (CWU) next year, so TOEFL is waived in my case.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:35 members

by MBAPrepAdvantage » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:52 am
Considering you are a Chinese applicant (higher GMAT scores), I would suggest you to retake the GMAT. Remember, the schools only look at your highest scores.

Best of luck,
Michael Cohan
MBAPrepAdvantage Founder & AIGAC Board Director
305-604-8178
www.mbaprepadvantage.com

Please thank and/or like individual posts.

Follow Michael Cohan on Image Image and BeattheGMAT.
Follow MBAPrepAdvantage on Image Image Image.

For a free assessment email [email protected] your target schools, goals, resume, GPA and GMAT or fill out our Free MBA Admissions Consultation Form.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Legendary Member
Followed by:52 members

by CriticalSquareMBA » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:42 pm
A higher GMAT certainly wouldn't hurt and, who knows, improve it enough and you can bump up the schools you're looking at too!

Bhavik
Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Facebook | Twitter

We love helping! Was this post helpful to you? Thank us and let me know!