Should I go for INSEAD? R1 or R3?

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Should I go for INSEAD? R1 or R3?

by alanray2018 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:22 pm
INSEAD R3 (Sept entry) deadline: 13 JAN 2016
INSEAD R1 (Jan entry) deadline: 2 MAR 2016
  • Hong Kong Chinese
    Undergraduate degree in USA (non-ivy league)
    5 years ibank middle office exp in HK, currently working at JP Morgan - will be promoted to AVP in Feb and expecting a salary increase due to promotion (after R3 deadline but before R1 deadline)
    CFA/ FRM charter
    GMAT 690
    career goal: strategic marketing / management consulting
    current situation: received an offer from another B school (Sept entry)
I wonder if INSEAD will group Mainland Chinese and Hong Kong Chinese the same pool, as I heard people saying that for Chinese/Indian, they should apply in earlier round, so is it better for me to apply R1 (Jan entry), especially considering my promotion will happen in Feb.

A strong push-back to apply for Jan entry is that I have already received an offer from another school (sept entry), the worst case would be INSEAD put me on the waiting list for next Jan entry, then I probably will not hear from them until year end. Any thoughts?

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:7 members

by Michael@VeritasPrep » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:31 pm
I general I would recommend you apply as soon as your application is at its best. I wouldn't try to overthink the process too much and worry about which pool you will be placed in. It sounds like with your profile, you should have a good shot, but don't wait to long in case the seat you might have received is given away. Good luck to you!
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who's right for you. Meet our team!
Register for a free MBA Admissions Workshop!