Should I go ahead with the test or reschedule?? Help!

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi,
I have a crazy work schedule and I haven't been able to give as much time to the GMAT prep as I initially thought I could. My test is 4 days away but my practice scores are horrible! ((Around 500) im applying to various b-schools in the US and targeting round 2 or 3 applications. Should I give myself another month to give the exam or should I just go ahead with it and see how I do in the exam? That way I will still have sometime to re-take the exam!

Please help!!!

Legendary Member
Followed by:140 members
GMAT Score:800

by MartyMurray » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:59 am
AfshanR wrote:I have a crazy work schedule and I haven't been able to give as much time to the GMAT prep as I initially thought I could. My test is 4 days away but my practice scores are horrible! ((Around 500) im applying to various b-schools in the US and targeting round 2 or 3 applications. Should I give myself another month to give the exam or should I just go ahead with it and see how I do in the exam? That way I will still have sometime to re-take the exam!
Sounds as if taking it immediately will be mostly a waste of time. If you could at least push it out a few weeks, that would give you time to at least learn some things that you could use to drive that score higher.

Meanwhile, you said your work schedule has been crazy. So, you could do what I have done sometimes; just regularly find fifteen minutes or a half hour where you can and do some questions and maybe review a concept or two. I even do this sometimes before I go to sleep. It can be like a game, relaxing even. Instead of watching tv, do some online GMAT questions. Even doing five or ten and then figuring out what you did wrong and right can make a big difference.

By doing this you will familiarize yourself with the test and at least push your score up some no matter how crazy your schedule is.

Also, if you can convince yourself to spend fifteen minutes, you may find that you end up spending an hour after all, and you could end up getting into the habit of finding time and working on GMAT stuff regularly.

To do this you may want to use an on screen question bank such as the ones at Veritas, BellCurves, Magoosh or the GMATPrep question packs.