Should I apply in next year or wait?

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Should I apply in next year or wait?

by airedale123 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:56 am
I am interested in applying for part time mba at Booth or Kellogg in the next year.

Education:
I completed BS and MS in Engineering from top public school
BS Engineering GPA: 4.00
MS Engineering GPA: 4.00

GMAT:
700 w/ high verbal and low quant - this surprised me but hopefully my GPA shows I can handle the quant aspect of business school

Work Experience:
2-3 years experience in operations, manufacturing, and supply chain at major corporation w/ great leadership experience

I am eager to apply as soon as possible, but am concerned that I may be less competitive due to my limited work experience. Should I apply or wait?

What are your thoughts? I appreciate anyone taking the time to reply and advise.

Thanks

by Vinayak Prabhu » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:58 am
4-5 years of work experience is ideal. But I suppose you should give it a try and apply this year and see how it works out, you never know! All the best!

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by Melissa@Fortuna » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:37 pm
It's hard to give you a straight answer on this as we don't know all of the details of your professional and personal experience but I would say go for it. As long as you feel you meet the criteria and can show examples in your essays of leadership and drive, and if you are a well rounded individual i.e. through hobbies, passions, extra-curricular. Look at your target schools and carefully look at their criteria to see if you meet it. If you feel you are lacking in some areas, then yes, I agree with Vinayak as you might need to give it another year or two and focus on the things you are missing in the next couple of years.

You will have to make sure your quant scores meet the requirements for the schools of interest so if you don't, I would consider waiting until you reach your desired score, and then submit an application. Hope this helps.

If you want to chat more and get a full assessment, reach out to me or any of us at Fortuna anytime.

Good luck!
-Melissa and the Fortuna Admissions Team

Melissa Jones | Fortuna Admissions - a dream team of former Admissions Directors from the world's top business schools

Interested in a free 30-minute admissions consultation? Sign up on our website https://www.fortunadmissions.com

by caroalmeida » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:10 am
Hi ! I want to do my MBA from S P Jain Global. I haven't received my passport yet and today is the last date of application. What do you suggest? What should I do? Should I wait for the next year, or are there multiple intakes in the same year?

by rajaroroa » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:12 am
Hey chill !!! there are a total of three intakes. The next one is in September and you need your passport one month prior for visa process .