• Magoosh
    Magoosh
    Study with Magoosh GMAT prep

    Available with Beat the GMAT members only code

    MORE DETAILS
    Magoosh
  • Economist Test Prep
    Free Trial & Practice Exam
    BEAT THE GMAT EXCLUSIVE

    Available with Beat the GMAT members only code

    MORE DETAILS
    Economist Test Prep
  • Target Test Prep
    5-Day Free Trial
    5-day free, full-access trial TTP Quant

    Available with Beat the GMAT members only code

    MORE DETAILS
    Target Test Prep
  • Varsity Tutors
    Award-winning private GMAT tutoring
    Register now and save up to $200

    Available with Beat the GMAT members only code

    MORE DETAILS
    Varsity Tutors
  • EMPOWERgmat Slider
    1 Hour Free
    BEAT THE GMAT EXCLUSIVE

    Available with Beat the GMAT members only code

    MORE DETAILS
    EMPOWERgmat Slider
  • Veritas Prep
    Free Veritas GMAT Class
    Experience Lesson 1 Live Free

    Available with Beat the GMAT members only code

    MORE DETAILS
    Veritas Prep
  • Kaplan Test Prep
    Free Practice Test & Review
    How would you score if you took the GMAT

    Available with Beat the GMAT members only code

    MORE DETAILS
    Kaplan Test Prep
  • PrepScholar GMAT
    5 Day FREE Trial
    Study Smarter, Not Harder

    Available with Beat the GMAT members only code

    MORE DETAILS
    PrepScholar GMAT
  • e-gmat Exclusive Offer
    Get 300+ Practice Questions
    25 Video lessons and 6 Webinars for FREE

    Available with Beat the GMAT members only code

    MORE DETAILS
    e-gmat Exclusive Offer

Send GMAT scores before getting offers of admission?

This topic has 3 expert replies and 3 member replies
xultima Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts Default Avatar
Joined
10 Jan 2013
Posted:
9 messages
Thanked:
1 times

Send GMAT scores before getting offers of admission?

Post Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:17 am
Is it necessary to send test scores before getting offers? I've self reported for each school.

Need free GMAT or MBA advice from an expert? Register for Beat The GMAT now and post your question in these forums!
uniq01 Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Joined
09 Aug 2016
Posted:
24 messages
Thanked:
5 times
Post Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:54 pm
Most schools in the US require that you submit your official GMAT score before considering your application complete. Schools that accept self-reporting prior to an admission decision will usually indicate so within the application itself or on their admissions websites.

Good luck!

_________________
uniqMBA Admissions Consulting
http://www.uniqmba.com
Follow @uniqmba

Contact us for a free initial consultation!

GMAT/MBA Expert

Post Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:34 am
xultima wrote:
Is it necessary to send test scores before getting offers? I've self reported for each school.
Yes- your application will not be complete unless you have submitted your GMAT- but advice below is good that when in doubt it is always safest to check with the particular school as each school may do things slightly differently- like some will consider a GMAT reported after the admissions deadline and some will not.

xultima Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts Default Avatar
Joined
10 Jan 2013
Posted:
9 messages
Thanked:
1 times
Post Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:55 am
This is where the waiting/paranoia kicks in. I wanted to save $75ish by waiting to send official scores.
Now I'm wondering if I just ruined my first round of applications. I went and submitted my test scores on the 30th.

At Wharton, they stated "Scores may be self-reported; however, should you receive an offer of admission, official scores will then be requested for verification."
https://mba.wharton.upenn.edu/admissions/application-requirements/

Everywhere else was mum/mixed though(MIT, within 1-2 weeks of application deadline is fine; Stanford, we review unofficial scores; HBS, said something about official scores being OK to send after the application has been submitted)... and looking around online has given me mixed responses.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

GMAT/MBA Expert

money9111 Legendary Member
Joined
19 Apr 2009
Posted:
2109 messages
Followed by:
77 members
Thanked:
109 times
GMAT Score:
640
Post Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:41 pm
You're overthinking this... send your scores. If you have to pay $75, then pay the $75. At the very least it's worth it to not have the headache anymore of whether or not to pay $75. They're going to see them anyway. Just get it over with... no big deal.

xultima wrote:
This is where the waiting/paranoia kicks in. I wanted to save $75ish by waiting to send official scores.
Now I'm wondering if I just ruined my first round of applications. I went and submitted my test scores on the 30th.

At Wharton, they stated "Scores may be self-reported; however, should you receive an offer of admission, official scores will then be requested for verification."
https://mba.wharton.upenn.edu/admissions/application-requirements/

Everywhere else was mum/mixed though(MIT, within 1-2 weeks of application deadline is fine; Stanford, we review unofficial scores; HBS, said something about official scores being OK to send after the application has been submitted)... and looking around online has given me mixed responses.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

_________________
My goal is to make MBA applicants take onus over their process.

My story from Pre-MBA to Cornell MBA - New Post in Pre-MBA blog

Me featured on Poets & Quants

Free Book for MBA Applicants

xultima Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts Default Avatar
Joined
10 Jan 2013
Posted:
9 messages
Thanked:
1 times
Post Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:38 pm
money9111 wrote:
You're overthinking this... send your scores. If you have to pay $75, then pay the $75. At the very least it's worth it to not have the headache anymore of whether or not to pay $75. They're going to see them anyway. Just get it over with... no big deal.
Already sent them in, even before I made the thread.
If I need to apply to places in R2 I'll just send all my scores right away.

Here's to hoping I'm in at one place.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Post Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:34 am
Yes, that's the best approach: just send the scores to the schools right away, regardless of admission. It gets so complicated trying to think through every strategic possibility, and you need your brain for other aspects of the application process.

Good luck!
Margaret Strother

_________________
Margaret Strother
Senior Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me

Best Conversation Starters

1 lheiannie07 116 topics
2 ardz24 64 topics
3 swerve 63 topics
4 LUANDATO 62 topics
5 M7MBA 57 topics
See More Top Beat The GMAT Members...

Most Active Experts

1 image description Brent@GMATPrepNow

GMAT Prep Now Teacher

170 posts
2 image description EconomistGMATTutor

The Economist GMAT Tutor

129 posts
3 image description Rich.C@EMPOWERgma...

EMPOWERgmat

122 posts
4 image description GMATGuruNY

The Princeton Review Teacher

121 posts
5 image description Scott@TargetTestPrep

Target Test Prep

118 posts
See More Top Beat The GMAT Experts