RBBmba@2014 Legendary Member Default Avatar
Posted:
888 messages
Followed by:
4 members

Seeking clarifications on Score Cancellation

Post Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:12 am
Hi Jeremy,
Couple of questions on NEW Score Cancellation policy and GENERIC Cancellation policy-

1. Suppose,I take GMAT tomorrow and if after the Score Preview at the end of the test, I decide to cancel the score then will the FIVE SCHOOLS (that I selected at the beginning of the test to send the score) get any sort of TRIGGER that this particular candidate cancelled the score ? (I'm aware that these FIVE SCHOOLS will NOT get to see the cancelled score but just would like to clarify the above aspect)

2. Is it anyhow allowed to cancel any past scores that are already reported to the schools ? I mean, can I now cancel a score that I got a year back and send a fresh report to the schools after taking a NEW test ?

Would much appreciate your feedback on this.Thank you!

Need free GMAT or MBA advice from an expert? Register for Beat The GMAT now and post your question in these forums!

GMAT/MBA Expert

OfficialGMAT Official Company Rep
Posted:
620 messages
Followed by:
251 members
GMAT Score:
Post Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:55 pm
RBBmba@2014 wrote:
Hi Jeremy,
Couple of questions on NEW Score Cancellation policy and GENERIC Cancellation policy-

1. Suppose,I take GMAT tomorrow and if after the Score Preview at the end of the test, I decide to cancel the score then will the FIVE SCHOOLS (that I selected at the beginning of the test to send the score) get any sort of TRIGGER that this particular candidate cancelled the score ? (I'm aware that these FIVE SCHOOLS will NOT get to see the cancelled score but just would like to clarify the above aspect)

2. Is it anyhow allowed to cancel any past scores that are already reported to the schools ? I mean, can I now cancel a score that I got a year back and send a fresh report to the schools after taking a NEW test ?

Hello,

These are both great questions. Thank you for reaching out to clarify.

1. No, if you cancel the score, no one will know that you took the test except you and anyone that may have spotted you at the test center that day.
2. No, you are not able to retroactively cancel scores. Any scores that you previously accepted will still show on your future score reports, as they did before.

I hope this helps, and best of luck. Please feel free to reach out with any other questions you may have.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!

RBBmba@2014 Legendary Member Default Avatar
Posted:
888 messages
Followed by:
4 members
Post Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:28 pm
OfficialGMAT wrote:
RBBmba@2014 wrote:
Hi Jeremy,

Hello,

1. No, if you cancel the score, no one will know that you took the test except you and anyone that may have spotted you at the test center that day.
2. No, you are not able to retroactively cancel scores. Any scores that you previously accepted will still show on your future score reports, as they did before.

I hope this helps, and best of luck. Please feel free to reach out with any other questions you may have.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Thanks Jeremy for your detail clarifications.

As for Qs#2 - Would like to share a feedback with GMAC. If you allow the test takers to cancel any previously accepted score (perhaps by means of paying some Service Charges as you do in case of reinstating any self-cancelled score by paying $100 within 60 days of taking GMAT) then I think, it'd be REALLY helpful support for the candidates.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, any new schools will NOT get to see any PREVIOUS relatively LOW scores if the above is allowed. (As for the schools that already have received such PREVIOUS scores nothing can be done).

Hope you understand my point...It'd be great if you pass on the feedback to the concerned authority and the same is taken care of in due course!

Thanks again.

GMAT/MBA Expert

OfficialGMAT Official Company Rep
Posted:
620 messages
Followed by:
251 members
GMAT Score:
Post Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:31 am
RBBmba@2014 wrote:
OfficialGMAT wrote:
RBBmba@2014 wrote:
Hi Jeremy,

Hello,

Thanks,
Jeremy
Thanks Jeremy for your detail clarifications.

As for Qs#2 - Would like to share a feedback with GMAC. If you allow the test takers to cancel any previously accepted score (perhaps by means of paying some Service Charges as you do in case of reinstating any self-cancelled score by paying $100 within 60 days of taking GMAT) then I think, it'd be REALLY helpful support for the candidates.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, any new schools will NOT get to see any PREVIOUS relatively LOW scores if the above is allowed. (As for the schools that already have received such PREVIOUS scores nothing can be done).

Hope you understand my point...It'd be great if you pass on the feedback to the concerned authority and the same is taken care of in due course!

Thanks again.
Thank you for that feedback. We absolutely love getting this type of advice and guidance directly from test takers as we develop our path forward for the exam. Thank you again for taking the time to think about this and lay it out in detail. I will certainly share it with the appropriate teams.

Jeremy

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!

Best Conversation Starters

1 Vincen 152 topics
2 lheiannie07 61 topics
3 Roland2rule 49 topics
4 ardz24 40 topics
5 LUANDATO 32 topics
See More Top Beat The GMAT Members...

Most Active Experts

1 image description Brent@GMATPrepNow

GMAT Prep Now Teacher

141 posts
2 image description EconomistGMATTutor

The Economist GMAT Tutor

107 posts
3 image description GMATGuruNY

The Princeton Review Teacher

106 posts
4 image description Rich.C@EMPOWERgma...

EMPOWERgmat

104 posts
5 image description Matt@VeritasPrep

Veritas Prep

76 posts
See More Top Beat The GMAT Experts