SCU vs LMU (vs Pepperdine maybe too)

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

SCU vs LMU (vs Pepperdine maybe too)

by hobiet » Fri May 31, 2013 5:52 pm
So I've already been admitted into a number of programs and am really now trying to finalize my decision.

I'm really trying to get an idea for Santa Clara University vs Loyola Marymount University. I've also been admitted into Pepperdine, but it may end up being prohibitively expensive for me.
I've also gotten into both SF and SJ state but I feel though those are cheaper, the non state schools are ultimately more worth it.

For what its worth, I got a 570 on my GMAT, 35 verbal, 33 quant. I tend to be more adapt in qualitative programs too, my math/financial skills are not the strongest.
My career aspirations (and history) involves digital media and entertainment. I plan on specializing in marketing.

As LMU (and Pepperdine) are in LA, where the entertainment industry is, I am leaning towards them. However SCU has a new focus on Digital Marketing & E-commerce which interests me as well.

Anyone able to draw a good comparison between these programs?

Thanks.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by sdotgarcia » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:26 am
Hi hobiet,

I found your post while doing my own research and it looks like a similar path as one I am about to embark on. I will be taking the GMAT in two weeks and have been averaging in the 550-580 range. I want to specialize in Marketing myself and will have to go the regional approach. Which school did you end up going with? I am from Sacramento and I've narrowed it down to the Bay Area and the LA area. Did you go to b-school full time or part time? I might have a few more questions after I take the test, so hope you don't mind if i pick your brain a bit.

Also, how was year 1? Things you wished you knew?

Appreciate it.