scoring comparison paper tests Vs cbt

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

scoring comparison paper tests Vs cbt

by cooldude » Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:53 am
hi every one !!!!!
does ne1 know about scoring pattern of paper basedgmat when compared to cbt?actually i have taken a few paper based test i wannt to ask that shld i consider my self at same level on cbt where i m on paper base test .well duee to some technical problems i ve been unable to download gmatprep so far so all i have r some downloaded paper based test so i wann know wher i actually stand so plz suggest me that if i score 650 on paper based then how much approx will it be in cbt?i think ne1 who have taken both paper and cbt at the same time might give the answer
regards
and by the way is ther any other source other than gmac.com from wher i cld have g,mat prep?

regards

Legendary Member
Followed by:14 members

hello cooldude

by aim-wsc » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:15 am
hi cooldude,
first of all, one request:
would you please change the title name of the thread to "scoring comparison paper tests Vs CAT"

computer based test (cbt) is more popular as CAT. so it would also get easier for other people. Thank you.
hi every one !!!!!
does ne1 know about scoring pattern of paper basedgmat when compared to cbt?actually i have taken a few paper based test i wannt to ask that shld i consider my self at same level on cbt where i m on paper base test .well duee to some technical problems i ve been unable to download gmatprep so far so all i have r some downloaded paper based test so i wann know wher i actually stand so plz suggest me that if i score 650 on paper based then how much approx will it be in cbt?i think ne1 who have taken both paper and cbt at the same time might give the answer
regards
and by the way is ther any other source other than gmac.com from wher i cld have g,mat prep?

regards[
based on my experience everytime i took a practise test be it paper based of CAT it score same.
so i concluded that at the end of the day GMAT scores you what you deserve.

But in your case ,,, as we had chatting on yahoo + by your pm, i can say that your actual paper based test score is not real indicator of your CAT score.
you might want to go through the thread where i hv explained how CAT is different from paper based test///

Your first job should be- to get GMATPrep. I hv been telling this since a month now.
OK i can understand you hv a limited net access ...i would suggest you to get some download accelerator like DAP or flashGet.
it allows you to download the file part by part(in quantoms :lol: ) .

Also as you suggested the difference between "PowerPrep & GMATPrep" in during yahoo chat, i could hv added the topic on the thread mentioned above.
but unfortunately i am wrapping my things up. and I am leaving now. am planning to book a date on Feb 07.
Tata
bye bye.
Not now though. :D
I ask Eric to write a post on "difference between PowerPrep & GMATPrep" here
Many people get confused when they see the famous announcement on Sentencecorrection site quote" PowerPrep is now GMATPrep"

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by SummerSquall » Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:02 pm
There is no legitimate comparison. The CAT is adaptive and your score is based on which questions you get right. The paper test is linear. So you truly can't compare.