Score Confusion...

This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:140 members
GMAT Score:800

by MartyMurray » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:32 am
Gange72 wrote:I'm going to spend more time on CR questions than I have. I agree that understanding the key points in CR questions is critical to obtaining the correct answer. The GMAT obfuscates that as much as they can in the 'hard' questions and the answer is, in my short experience, a very subtle shade of grey.

So I use identification of key words and phrases in the questions and then try to focus on writing out strengthen or weaken on my whiteboard because they sometimes word the question using double negatives and confusing wording. What it comes down to is focus. Can I stay focused on that question long enough to get to the answer? Which, I think, is half the point.
Nice. Next career for you: GMAT coach.

At the same time, the truth is that most of the time, at least in official CR questions, rather than a subtle shade of grey differentiating the right answer from the others, there is a clear difference defined by logic, as you will come to see as you work more on your skills. In other words, what looks kind of grey to you at the moment will look more black and white in the future, and answer choices that would seem almost viable to you now will look ridiculously illogical.
Marty Murray
Perfect Scoring Tutor With Over a Decade of Experience
MartyMurrayCoaching.com
Contact me at [email protected] for a free consultation.