School Selection - USD vs UNCC

Launched January 9, 2010
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

School Selection - USD vs UNCC

by lakhank » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:54 pm
Hi Team,

I am an MBA aspirant from India. I have worked with an IT MNC for close to 4 years and have decent extracurricular. Currently aspiring to do an MBA in marketing from USA and I want to make my career in the field of marketing or consulting; basically which involves more of soft skills.

Now I have got an admit from University of San Diego - School of Business Administration and University of North Carolina, Charlotte i.e Belk School of Business. As I am not able to decide which would be a better option, I kindly request you to help analyze the pros and cons.

Future Prospects -->

USD on one end is in CA which is near to the bay area and thus comparatively it is easier to develop networks and get a job there. According to my research across several sites USD graduates' avg salary is around 75 K but surprisingly UNCC's avg salary is 82 K. Thus I am not able to conclude which would be a better in terms of employability.

Program Cost -->

On the cost side; USD is way too expensive, my approximate cost at USD would be 75 K whereas in UNCC it would be only 60 K. So will it be worth spending so much extra money in USD ?

As I reside in India, I am not able to validate the ground reality of USA Colgs. Thus I kindly request you to help me with this decision.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Regards,
Lakhan Khushalani

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:68 members
GMAT Score:750

by Bryant@VeritasPrep » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:42 am
Lakhan-

This is really more of a question of cash flow. While $15K may sound like a lot of money to you, in the scheme of things, it's really not. You would likely receive internship pay and/or a signing bonus to more than cover the difference. If, however, you must have the funds or proof of funds up front, then it could present a problem. Access to cash could end up making your decision for you, but if ideally you would choose the school you feel is the better fit regardless of money issues.
Bryant Michaels
MBA Admissions Consultant

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options