School list for military officer

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

School list for military officer

by surfbum7190 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:02 am
White male, 2.9 undergrad from West Point, 670 GMAT. 2 combat deployments in 4 years, extra curricular a include side work for a start up out of Wharton and launched my own ecommerce website. Won year long strategic management competition during undergrad.
Looking for validation of this school list or if I should adjust. Also, rough chances of getting in.
Wharton, Cornell, Duke, Unc, UT, Georgetown

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Alexbr@ClearAdmit » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:31 am
schools like military officers and the leadership they can bring. The 2.9 GPA will be an issue, as I am sure you are aware. If you can, enroll in a class or two, and get As. Schools will like that you are proactive about that. You don't mention your goals, which are important. Wharton looks a real reach, the other schools might work. Good luck. cheers, alex
New Book! Becoming a Clear Admit: The Definitive Guide to MBA Admissions. https://www.clearadmit.com/products/admi ... dmissions/

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:4 members

by 99Colleges: MBA Admission » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:38 pm
Hi surfbum7190,

As pointed out by Alex, your GPA is bit off. I think Wharton could be particularly tough because of GPA and GMAT both. (If you've any explanation for the low GPA, then of course it can mitigate some concern.) Having said that your profile is different from a regular applicant, and that could give push to your chances.
Anil, MBA (Wharton)| MBA Admissions Consultant
--------------------------------------
Consulting| Contact at [email protected] for your queries on MBA Admissions
--------------------------------------
And if you couldn't make it earlier, get a free ding analysis