SC Challenge: The elaborate Christmas-themed cake...

This topic has expert replies
GMAT Instructor
Followed by:365 members
Hi guys,

Working on a new batch of challenging questions, and curious to hear some thoughts about this one!

The elaborate Christmas-themed cake that won the challenge in The Great British Bake Off, a popular British reality cooking competition, was, unusually, trapezoidal in design, its layers carefully set atop one another with the ends hanging over in acute angles, each of which was later iced with either red or green frosting, and features, when cut into, a vertical cross-section in a snowflake design.

A) features
B) was featured
C) featuring
D) had featured
E) featured

OA in a little while! :)
Vivian Kerr
GMAT Rockstar, Tutor
https://www.GMATrockstar.com
https://www.yelp.com/biz/gmat-rockstar-los-angeles

Former Kaplan and Grockit instructor, freelance GMAT content creator, now offering affordable, effective, Skype-tutoring for the GMAT at $150/hr. Contact: [email protected]

Thank you for all the "thanks" and "follows"! :-)

Legendary Member
Followed by:5 members

by Vincen » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:35 pm
Well, it is harder than I thought. I think the OA is D, but I am not sure.

Anyone can help me?

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by yoavyes » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:46 am
VivianKerr wrote:Hi guys,

Working on a new batch of challenging questions, and curious to hear some thoughts about this one!

The elaborate Christmas-themed cake that won the challenge in The Great British Bake Off, a popular British reality cooking competition, was, unusually, trapezoidal in design, its layers carefully set atop one another with the ends hanging over in acute angles, each of which was later iced with either red or green frosting, and features, when cut into, a vertical cross-section in a snowflake design.

A) features
B) was featured
C) featuring
D) had featured
E) featured

OA in a little while! :)
eventhough it's tempting to use "to feature" as a verb here , I think that features should be used here as a noun -
I'm going for A
each of which was later iced with either red or green frosting, and features
each of the layers was iced with frosting and features