Right B-School to pursue MBA

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Right B-School to pursue MBA

by aditya.kanmuri1234 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:21 am
Hi,

My name is Aditya and I have been working for a software company from past 3 years as Test Engineer.Now I have decided to take a break and pursue my MBA does the field of work,experience and academic percentages place vital role during admission process because I have scored 67% in my Under Graduation does this effect my admission process?I am aspiring to join in ISB,Hyderabad am I aspiring for something that is impossible or is there any way around that I can work with my GMAT scores.

Regards,
Aditya

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:12 members
GMAT Score:770

by GeneralEducation » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:52 am
Hi Aditya,

You can compensate your low academics by scoring high in GMAT. You should target 720+ score in GMAT. ISB evaluates applicants mainly on three aspects - leadership ability, diversity of profile, Academic/analytical ability. So focus on these and build your profile. ISB application will be live by May so before that try to complete your GMAT part so that once the application is live you can mainly concentrate on application front and come up with strong application. Hope this helps., you can also visit us for detailed profile evaluation.

Regards
Manish
Director (ISB Alumnus)
General Education - India's premier GMAT & Application Consulting company

Get Advice: +91- 90350 50056 | Email Us: [email protected]

GMAT/MBA Expert

Legendary Member
Followed by:52 members

by CriticalSquareMBA » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:12 pm
Hi Aditya,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you have a few things going against you for ISB. Your undergrad score isn't fantastic, so yes, you'll need to do rather well on your GMAT - 720-740 will allow you to stand out. Another negative is your little work experience as well as the quality of the experience itself. As a Test Engineer, what have you led? What has your career progression been like? What significant results have you achieved? If you're struggling with any or all of these questions, you may consider waiting another year or two to enrich your experience and look for opportunities to flesh these out. Also, don't overlook the extracurricular involvement - this paints the picture of who you are and what you love to do. Hope this information helps. Best of luck with your application!

Bhavik
Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Facebook | Twitter

We love helping! Was this post helpful to you? Thank us and let me know!

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:13 members

by manyaabroadtpr » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:37 am
Hi Aditya,

A business school looks at various factors like UG Standing, GMAT score, quantity and quality of work experience, ECA's as well as career progression. If you feel your UG % is low in terms of standing as compared to other students etc you can compensate it to a certain extent with your GMAT score.