This topic has 1 member reply
kumareshkp Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Posted:
1 messages
Followed by:
1 members

Review for Laura Freedman from Access Education

Post Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:22 pm
In 2015, I worked with a well-known MBA admissions consulting company, but wasn’t accepted to my target school. In 2016, I found Laura Freedman at Access Education. I immediately noticed a dramatic difference in her approach.

Laura specializes in international MBA programs, which was a good fit for me, since I was looking to leave the US (I’m an Indian IT engineer working on the west coast). I worked with Laura to apply to LBS, Cambridge Judge and ISB. I got an admit from Cambridge Judge - with a scholarship! - and from ISB. Laura played a major role with me on my MBA journey.

I found several aspects of Laura's approach to be very, very effective:

Face to face interaction. From the first consultation to editing essays to offering valuable advice post-MBA offer, everything was done via Skype face to face interactions. This level of commitment in ensuring that I put my best foot forward was incredible.

Very personal in her approach. She didn't compromise on the quality of my application, and kept meeting with me until she was totally convinced about my story and my application in general. She went above and beyond to make sure I submitted my best possible application. There was no limit to the number of meetings, and we had calls that lasted for 2 hours as we were discussing my story, tweaking or reviewing essays etc.

Valuable career advice. Laura is a former management consultant and was a career counselor at INSEAD and NUS in Singapore. She imparted invaluable career advice as I was putting together my application and my story, and encouraged me to talk to people in my target industry as part of my essay research. Laura also connected me with other LBS and Cambridge Judge alumni she’d worked with, which was very helpful. After I got the admit, she emphasized the importance of having fun, exploring, doing what I enjoy and focusing on learning/skills in my first post-MBA job.

I highly recommend Laura to anyone considering expert guidance in their MBA journey. Beyond any doubt, I'm very confident she will make a big difference in your MBA journey.

Thanked by: calenuial
Need free GMAT or MBA advice from an expert? Register for Beat The GMAT now and post your question in these forums!
calenuial Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts Default Avatar
Posted:
1 messages
Post Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:09 pm
I worked with Laura in 2017 on my MBA application to INSEAD. After taking the GMAT once and obtaining a mediocre score, I had a initial consultation with Laura to see where I stood competitively. She told me point blank that I needed to take the GMAT for a second time if I wanted a real chance at the program. During this first conversation, Laura evaluated my profile and told me she thought there was no reason why I couldn't crack the GMAT. I appreciated her directness and honesty when evaluating my profile even before I was a paying client. A month later on my second try, I raised my score 80 points. Laura had helped me find the confidence I needed to push myself to reach my potential (and this was only after a brief free consultation)!

After such a good first impression, I knew that I wanted to work with Laura to help craft my story. As an INSEAD alum herself, she provided valuable insight into the application process and the program. She also provided critical feedback on my career goals. Her own diverse career experience means that she has excellent advice and wisdom to offer anyone seeking to take their career to the next level with an international MBA.

I am happy to say that I was admitted to INSEAD. I highly recommend Laura to anyone looking for not only an admissions consultant but a true mentor and coach for the MBA journey!

Best Conversation Starters

1 LUANDATO 157 topics
2 lheiannie07 87 topics
3 Roland2rule 75 topics
4 ardz24 64 topics
5 AAPL 58 topics
See More Top Beat The GMAT Members...

Most Active Experts

1 image description EconomistGMATTutor

The Economist GMAT Tutor

163 posts
2 image description GMATGuruNY

The Princeton Review Teacher

133 posts
3 image description Jay@ManhattanReview

Manhattan Review

128 posts
4 image description Rich.C@EMPOWERgma...

EMPOWERgmat

121 posts
5 image description Brent@GMATPrepNow

GMAT Prep Now Teacher

100 posts
See More Top Beat The GMAT Experts