Resume details

Launched June 18, 2009
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members
GMAT Score:730

Resume details

by bjcoolj » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:21 pm
For schools that have not specified resume lengths, is it better to have a one-page resume with just highlight the main points in my professional career than to have two-page resume with more detailed descriptions?

I'm really lost. Some samples I've seen are only one page long and others are two to three pages long. The last thing I want is to have the admissions person lose focus or get lost in details; however, I also don't want him/her to think my one page resume lacks substance. ( I know I know, I should write a detailed one page resume, but I couldn't fit the details in one page - they are all important to me)

Also, do applicants usually include "Personal" section in their MBA application resumes? (Personal Sections that include your hobbies, interests, and personal business initiatives). I've never seen it before but many of the sample resumes I've obtained have it.

Please help. Thank you.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:1 members

by Monica Okrah » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:06 pm
I recommend that you create a one page resume for the schools that don't post specific requirements. You can also call the admissions office and ask this question (anonymously).

A "personal" section is certainly appropriate for a b-school resume.

I hope this helps!
Monica Okrah, Senior Consultant
MBA Mission
646-485-8844

Blog: www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insider’s Guides: www.mbamission.com/store.php
Free Consultation: www.mbamission.com/consult.php