Welcome! Check out our free B-School Guides to learn how you compare with other applicants.
Login or Register

Researching an MBA in the US when abroad: tips?

This topic has 1 expert reply and 1 member reply
charcbb Just gettin' started! Default Avatar
Posted:
6 messages
Followed by:
1 members
Researching an MBA in the US when abroad: tips? Post Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:49 am
Hi guys,

Here’s me starting my research into MBA programs, GMAT, potential courses, applications consultants, etc.

I only started some months ago in a “light manner” so I hope these questions are not stupid or irrelevant. I was pleased to see all the info that there was available online and believed it was a great way to prepare myself on my own to GMAT and MBA applications. However, the more I look the more it seems like there’s even TOO MUCH info and I am drowning in it. So I would like to know how it is best to research your way into researching schools, preparing your GMAT prep plan, etc.

1. What resources do you believe are best/absolutely necessary/efficient? So far I have signed up to the MBA Podcaster podcast, to the tweeters of my favourite schools, I check the Economist Which MBA section and downloaded a series of GMAT podcasts onto my Iphone (lol, pure paranoia)

2. How do you research schools when abroad? I live in France and would love the opportunity to chat to the schools I am interested in in fairs or seminars, but there aren’t too many in Paris. There’s only the QS World MBA Tour in Paris in March but that seems about it. Chat sessions seem to happen at US times in general (ie, when I am fast asleep). Similarly, the Fulbright commission in France seems very inactive. How do you recommend to go about research?
Are there clubs in France where people interested in MBAs can network, for example?

3. And last, although possibly more straightforward: How do you decide whether to go for tutoring classes on GMAT or the help of an admissions consultant to do your applications?

Thanks guys, I am very thankful for all the responses.

Need free GMAT or MBA advice from an expert? Register for Beat The GMAT now and post your question in these forums!

GMAT/MBA Expert

beatthegmat Site Admin
Posted:
6541 messages
Followed by:
810 members
Post Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:53 am
Hi charcbb, thanks for the question. Have you taken a look at our new MBA Watch section on Beat The GMAT? You can visit http://www.mbawatch.com

It's a great resource for researching schools. We have a lot of events there too, featuring chats with students and admissions officers.

Hope that this helps.

MBA Watch - Your one-stop shop for all MBA program research

charcbb Just gettin' started! Default Avatar
Posted:
6 messages
Followed by:
1 members
Post Sun May 20, 2012 10:57 am
Thanks Eric!

Best Conversation Starters

1 abhasjha 54 topics
2 tanvis1120 22 topics