Integrated Reasoning -6 (67%)

IELTS Academic : 7.0

Education

Bachelor of Engineering: 74%
1. Numerous awards on extracurricular activities
2. Secretary of various clubs and event organizing committee member

10th Grade : 94.3%
12th Grade/higher secondary: 95%
1. Numerous awards on extracurricular activities. (Sports and regional literature.)
2. School pupil leader

Certifications:
PMP, Certified scrum Master, ISTQB, few other leadership courses through coursera

Volunteer works:
Financial support for various rural entrepreneurs, sanitation imporvement and rural education in India
Providing Scholarship award for girl students in my school through Alumni association
Few other volunteer works as individual contributor
Started majority of the Volunteer works before 7 years.

Business Activities:
1. Two micro businesses (one at the age of 14 and another a year back). First one for 6 months (discontinued to concentrate on education), second one for 8 months (Initiated for helping single mothers from lower economic families without education, started getting good profit, but discontinued due to maternity. )
2. Another online business start up is in the process with stakeholders across the world

Extra curricular activities at work:
Led few teams to improve employee satisfaction of the organization

Work Experience
1. At present, Project Manager for 2 projects in IT department of world renowned automotive corporation.
2. Previously managed 3 teams as test lead in the same organization.
3. 6 years in the current organization. 3 promotions
4. Travel to europe frequently for short business trips (3 weeks in a trip, twice a year for past 4 years )
5. Always received above average feedback. Average feedback during one year back since I went on maternity leave for 6 months.

2nd organization:
5. No significant value add in the previous organization, except direct reporting and working with irish clients. employed for 9 months. Left due to recession. didn't work 5 months after that. Spent time on preparing for certifications and researching on business schools, also searching for employment.

1st organization:
6. Handled around 10 people in the first organization.
7. Awarded for 'outstanding contribution' in 2007 (only one person to get that year among 157 team members in the team.)
8. 2 promotions in 1 year 10 months in 1st company
9. Direct dealing with US based clients.
10. Worked as junior business analyst and tester.

Schools most interested in: INSEAD (My dream for 9 years-but, I understand the possibility is less), HEC Paris, IMD, The lisbon MBA, Erasmus, Manheim

MBA specializations of interest:
â—¦ General Management
â—¦ International business
â—¦ Entrepreneurship

Thinking of taking gmat again.
I have to start my schooling in 2016. Otherwise, it will not happen.

Please evaluate my profile and guide me.

Regards,
Ariel_1984

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:5 members

by mcbMcK » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:44 pm
Here are a few thoughts on your profile Ariel_1984:
  1. Though you belong to a competitive sector, but the nature of your work does not seem to involve regular IT activities. Is it fair to surmise that you would potentially be giving out projects to third party vendors and overseeing them? If your work involves helping your organization understand and deploy IT on a strategic level, that will really put you in a pretty interesting position. The kind of international flavor you have will be a big plus for the European schools
  2. Your entrepreneurial and volunteer efforts, though good in the absolute sense, need to be brought into perspective. You have not mentioned your post-MBA goals which is the really big question you need to answer so that your profile contours are looked at positively
  3. The school list looks balanced but I guess you already know the biggest handicap here - the GMAT. A re-take is almost a must if you want to be in the reckoning for most schools in that list. Go ahead and take professional help if that helps and u've not tried that already.
Hope this helps,

Cheers,
MG (Manish Gupta)|The MBA Crystal Ball Team

Email: mcb at mbacrystalball dot com

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:332 members

by Jon@Admissionado » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:55 am
Hey Ariel,
Thanks for writing!
So the quick answer is that everything looks great except that GMAT, which is just way too low!

Now, I am 100% sure you can do better, so your mission, from today until June is to do whatever you can to KILL that GMAT!

Otherwise, really, everything looks mighty good. And why leave such an easily repairable blemish on your profile?

If you have any thoughts, questions, hesitations, answers, just drop a line.

Best,
Jon
"Hands down the best MBA admissions consulting firm of all-time, and boy, what an incredible founder!" -- Raj Patil, Founder of Admissionado

Something for everyone:
https://admissionado.lpages.co/admissio ... nter-2018/
https://admissionado.lpages.co/50-essay ... ked-vol-4/
https://admissionado.lpages.co/case-studies-lp/
https://admissionado.com/mba/reviews/
https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Admis ... 700945.htm

Reach out, and let's gab. Our only requirement is that you don't prefer warm milk over cold milk. Everyone else, 100% welcome.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 866-409-4753
Hit us up on WhatsApp.
Ping our satellite: 0884#&@-2#101101
Contact us via web form you lazy git: https://admissionado.com/contact/
Mostly, email Claudia.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by gmatprofparis » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:46 am
I have to agree with the previous posters: your GMAT is too low. Of course, that's more a problem for a school such as INSEAD. For HEC, for example, while it is somewhat low, I think your profile is very interesting, and could act as a counterweight to your score (I've had students with worse scores matriculate). Another point to keep in mind is that for many programs, including INSEAD, you do not need to take the GMAT, and you might be a better fit for the GRE, depending on what weaknesses your GMAT examination suffered from. Either way, I don't think your profile is out of the running for the majority of schools because of the score, but it does place you at a disadvantage.
GMAT instructor and MBA admissions coach in Paris, formerly in NYC. Glad to help where I can.

[email protected]

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by Ariel_1984 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:15 am
Thank you mcbMck, Jon and gmatprofparis for your feedback. I will certainly take gmat once again and try to improve the score. Wish me luck!