Request for Profile Evaluation

Launched January 9, 2010
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Request for Profile Evaluation

by [email protected] » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:57 am
My target is to apply for 1 year MBA programe starting from 2016. So here is my profile-

Indian Male, 31 yrs old.
GMAT Score: 690 (V33 Q50) AWA 5, IR 8

Education:
B. Tech in Mining Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Rourkela: 8.121/10, passed out in 2008
CMA (Inter) from Institute of Cost Accountants of India passed in 2013, Final Level Candidate,
Black Belt in Six Sigma (2013)

Work Experience: Overall 6 years 10 Months

Work Experience - Mar-13 - May -15 -- Deputy Manager (Mining) NTPC Ltd. Raigarh, India
Involved in development of a green field opencast coal mine of 18 Million tonne per anuum capacity. Achievements include:
1. Carried out Area Drainage study for the diversion of 2 no. of Channels 2. Successfully obtained permission from Environment Conservation Board for commencing an 18 MTPA Coal mine 3. Responsible for getting Ground Water Clearance for requirement to the tune of 2390 m3/day form Central Ground Water Authority. 4. Prepared and monitored budget, periodically analyze to allocate resources, planning and scheduling of activities for timely achievement of Internal and Govt. Of India MOU targets .5. Undertaking site selection, layout finalisation and Detailed Project Report for 60 km rail line from Coalmine to Indian Railway.

Jan-10 - Feb-13 NTPC Ltd. Assistant Manager (Mining) Raigarh, India
Feasibility study for an opencast Coal mine with a capacity of 18 Million Tonne/annum by providing critical inputs for the preparation of Geological report, Mine plan and detailed project report.2. Responsible for land acquisition for an area of 21 square kilometres .3. Represented before Expert Advisory committee of Ministry of Environment and Forest, Govt. Of India and successfully obtained Environment Clearance and Forest Clearance.4. In-charge of Community Welfare of 2 Villages as part of Corporate Social Responsibility of NTPC Ltd.

Aug-08 - Dec-09 NTPC Ltd. Executive Ambikapur, India
Worked in Highly mechanised Balrampur underground Coal mines with an annual production capacity of 1.2 Million tonne per annum. Created a safety management plan aimed at improving safety of 1000 workers and the plan got critical acclaim.

Achievements & Extra Curricular-
1. Elected as Head of Technical society of University and was responsible for managing Annual technical festival
2. Director's Nominee to Student Activity Center in my final year, responsible for mentoring and guiding all societies
3. Dean's Nominee to Institute Standing Disciplinary Committee in final Year
4. Founder Member of a university level club for underprivileged children
5. Member of Advisory Board for the last three years of a school
6. Own Quiz competition during -Inter High School & University level
7. National Cadet Corps B certificate Holder
8. languages -- English , Hindi, Odiya, Bengali & French ( Basic Level)

Wwhere my profile stands for top Asian (ISB, HKUST, NUS, IIM A) and European (SAID, IMD, HEC PARIS, JUDGE, IESE) and what are the areas that I can improve on before the application.

Request you to please evaluate my profile for a top MBA program and advise me on below mentioned queries:
1. What are my chances of getting into my target schools (Safe & Tough)
2. For an Indian male, Is my GMAT score low for my target schools
3. Is my age will be a factor for my target schools

Appreciate your time and effort.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:68 members
GMAT Score:750

by Bryant@VeritasPrep » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:48 am
Age and GMAT are not going to be as big a factor for one year programs, especially since they do not have to include the admissions numbers and profiles in their full time rankings statistics. I would say you have a good chance for consideration by these targets, but let us know if we can be helpful as you apply.
Bryant Michaels
MBA Admissions Consultant

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options