Register now and save up to $200

Available with Beat the GMAT members only code

MORE DETAILS
    Varsity Tutors

Regarding iPad version of veritas books

This topic has 3 expert replies and 5 member replies

Regarding iPad version of veritas books

Post Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:32 pm
I am planning to buy veritas books. Can somebody please suggest which one is better, " complete course of 15 books (paperback) or it's IPad version of veritas prep. I was more inclined to buy iPad version of veritas prep as it will be handy to carry anywhere. But I am not getting any reviews that could suggest that iPad version is equivalent to those 15 books of verities prep which comes in full kit.
It wil be of great help if somebody can help me with this as soon as possible.

Need free GMAT or MBA advice from an expert? Register for Beat The GMAT now and post your question in these forums!

GMAT/MBA Expert

VP_Marisa Official Company Rep
Posted:
21 messages
Post Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:17 am
Hi DeepikaShukla201122,

I thought I'd chime in here to hopefully provide a bit more information. The Veritas Prep books in iPad form are exactly the same as the 15 Veritas Prep books that come in the Course Kit. The only outstanding difference is that with the purchase of the physical books, you will get access to Veritas Prep's 6 CATs which do not come with the iPad version of the books.

I hope this information is helpful. Please don't hesitate to let me know if I can provide any additional information.

Best,
Marisa

DeepikaShukla201122 wrote:
I am planning to buy veritas books. Can somebody please suggest which one is better, " complete course of 15 books (paperback) or it's IPad version of veritas prep. I was more inclined to buy iPad version of veritas prep as it will be handy to carry anywhere. But I am not getting any reviews that could suggest that iPad version is equivalent to those 15 books of verities prep which comes in full kit.
It wil be of great help if somebody can help me with this as soon as possible.

Thanked by: DeepikaShukla201122
Enroll in a Veritas Prep GMAT class completely for FREE. Wondering if a GMAT course is right for you? Attend the first class session of an actual GMAT course, either in-person or live online, and see for yourself why so many students choose to work with Veritas Prep. Find a class now!
Post Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:56 am
Thank you so much for such a prompt reply. That information of great help for me. I would also like to know that whether I will get access to those 6 cat tests on buying just 1 book of probabilityand combinatorics (paperback).

GMAT/MBA Expert

Posted:
21 messages
Post Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:03 am
Yes, you will get access to the 6 CATs even if you buy just one book. When you receive the book, there will be a sticker on it with a unique access code and instructions to access the CATs.

I hope this helps! Let me know if I can answer any additional questions.

Best,
Marisa

Thanked by: DeepikaShukla201122
Enroll in a Veritas Prep GMAT class completely for FREE. Wondering if a GMAT course is right for you? Attend the first class session of an actual GMAT course, either in-person or live online, and see for yourself why so many students choose to work with Veritas Prep. Find a class now!
Post Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:41 pm
Can you please confirm that are you telling about ipad veritas prep lessons or modules only? As from the description on the application i thought they are video/ audio lessons and not books. Can you please confirm this? I have taken paperback of combinatorics so have got 5 cat tests. Now will there be any difference if i take other ipad version books rather than paperback?

GMAT/MBA Expert

Posted:
21 messages
Post Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:38 am
We just launched a new iPad App which is what I believe you are referring to. This App, Veritas Prep GMAT On Demand, is the first full GMAT course from an established GMAT prep company that can be completed on any iOS device. Once you download a lesson, you can watch it on your own pace. You can fast-forward, rewind, and watch lessons over and over, as much as you want. This App contains GMAT instruction in lesson form. You can get more information about this App at http://www.veritasprep.com/ipad-gmat-on-demand/

Separately, our GMAT course books are also available for the iPad and are the exact same as the paperback versions of our books, except they do not come with access to the five practice exams.

I hope this clears up any confusion. Please don't hesitate to let me know if I can provide further clarification.

Many thanks,
Marisa

Post Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:35 am
Hi
Actually these ibooks are not available on indian apple store as my ipad is showing this message that these books are not avilable in indian store. Though right now i am in US. Stil i am not able to get them.. Anyways thanks for the information

Akhalaf Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts Default Avatar
Posted:
1 messages
Post Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:33 pm
The books on the ibook store are 2009 edition, any plan to update them with the latest ones(2013)?

Thanks

litigator Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts Default Avatar
Posted:
1 messages
Post Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:49 am
I'd also like to know about a new iOS version, since a new set of print books are on the market now.

Best Conversation Starters

1 LUANDATO 116 topics
2 lheiannie07 88 topics
3 AAPL 80 topics
4 Roland2rule 79 topics
5 swerve 71 topics
See More Top Beat The GMAT Members...

Most Active Experts

1 image description EconomistGMATTutor

The Economist GMAT Tutor

170 posts
2 image description Brent@GMATPrepNow

GMAT Prep Now Teacher

120 posts
3 image description Rich.C@EMPOWERgma...

EMPOWERgmat

119 posts
4 image description GMATGuruNY

The Princeton Review Teacher

114 posts
5 image description Jay@ManhattanReview

Manhattan Review

106 posts
See More Top Beat The GMAT Experts