Re: Sprzedam Termostat Elektroniczny KAN K-800100

This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:140 members
GMAT Score:800

by MartyMurray » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:27 am
atitudeboy wrote:I am looking for assistance and some serious help. I think there is a fundamental flaw in the way I approach verbal section. Coming from a technological back-ground I have no issue at all with the Quantitative section, even with some goofs up and some silly experiments (To test the scoring algorithm in two CATs and actual Exam) I have always managed score above 40. My verbal part is really poor; I never have crossed 30 even in any of the two Manhattan CATs that I have finished so far. I am consistently scoring between 22 to 25 mark.
What you are saying sounds right. Something is wrong with your approach. Even with any language issues you may have you still could be getting enough right to score much higher in verbal.

My call? Rather than learning how use logic and smarts to hack the questions, you have attempted to learn a plethora of rules and strategies and somehow thought you would then start getting the questions right.

The truth is this. GMAT verbal questions as much different from GMAT quant questions as you might think. At their foundation they are logic based, and so getting them right tends to take logic and hacking skills similar to those one uses to get quant questions right.

Having said that, I do notice in your writing above some flaws in the way you wrote some things. So probably you could use some more work on grammar, idioms and other language details.

Of course I could be wrong about this as I am not really aware of what you have done so far to prepare for GMAT verbal. Still, I am probably right to some degree.

So maybe you could take this further by helping people better answer you question by describing your preparation for and experience with GMAT verbal in more detail, which could include a breakdown of how you do in the three question types, SC, CR and RC.

Also, you may get some insight by reading this post about my strategy for rocking GMAT verbal.
https://www.beatthegmat.com/an-alternati ... 82025.html
Marty Murray
Perfect Scoring Tutor With Over a Decade of Experience
MartyMurrayCoaching.com
Contact me at [email protected] for a free consultation.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:59 am
Hi atitudeboy,

I'd like to know a bit more about how you've been studying:

1) How long have you been studying for the GMAT? How much of that time has been spent on the Verbal section?
2) What materials are you using?
3) How have you scored on each of your practice CATs (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores)?
4) Do you ever finish any of the sections early? Do you ever run out of time (and guess on a bunch of questions just to finish)? Do you ever leave any questions unanswered?

5) What is your goal score?
6) When are you planning to take the GMAT?

Thankfully, the Verbal section of the GMAT is just as standardized and predictable as the Quant section is, so you CAN train to score at a high level. You just have to make the necessary adjustments to how you handle the Verbal section and invest in the proper study materials.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]