This topic has 3 member replies
Neta Saar Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Posted:
1 messages

Rate My Essay Please

Post Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:32 am
Elapsed Time: 00:00
  • Lap #[LAPCOUNT] ([LAPTIME])
    Topic: The following appeared as part of an annual report sent to stockholders by Olympic Foods, a processor of frozen foods:
    "Over time, the costs of processing go down because as organizations learn how to do things better, they become more efficient. In color film processing, for example, the cost of a 3-by-5-inch print fell from 50 cents for five-day service in 1970 to 20 cents for one-day service in 1984. The same principle applies to the processing of food. And since Olympic Food will soon celebrate its 25th birthday. we can expect that our long experience will enable us to minimize costs and maximize profits."

Essay:

The argument claims that since the company existed for a long time, its experience will help to minimize costs and maximize profits. Stated in this way, the argument reveals an example of a leap of faith and poor reasoning. It fails to mention several key factors, on the basis of which it should be evaluated. The conclusion of the argument relies on assumptions for which there is no clear evidence. Hence, the argument is weak and has several flaws.

First, the argument readily assumes that experience is the only factor for minimizing costs. This statement is a stretch from the fact that over time, the costs of processing go down because organizations learn to do things better. The argument assumes that this principle applies to all types of costs that a company occurs. For example, salaries and wages are costs that will not change due to learning. The argument could have been much clearer if it explicitly stated what costs the company plan to minimize.

Second, the argument claims that the fall in the cost of printing will be the same case for processing food. This again is a very weak and unsupported claim. the argument does not demonstrate any correlation between printing and food processing. It ignores other factors such technology that could affect the costs. To illustrate, the decrease in the costs and time of printing could have been the result of better printers. If the argument had provided evidence that the decrease in the costs is due to people learning to do their job better, then the argument would have been a lot more convincing.

In conclusion, the argument is flawed for the above-mentioned reasons and is therefore unconvincing. It could be considerably strengthened if the author clearly mentioned all the relevant facts about how the company will minimize it costs.

Need free GMAT or MBA advice from an expert? Register for Beat The GMAT now and post your question in these forums!
    Phoebe44 Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts Default Avatar
    Posted:
    1 messages
    Post Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:26 am
    I would like to say that you wrote this essay well along with proper grammar. I think that is not an easy task for the student because it is very time-consuming that’s why understudies Hire College Assignment Writer - AssignmentHelpOnWeb to get their task completed on time. I am a new user on this platform and I really found interesting thread and posts about academic writing to enhance my writing skills.

maisieacton10 Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts Default Avatar
    Posted:
    1 messages
    Post Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:50 pm
    Great Work !! I don't know your name but I liked your essay ultimately and it would be awesome if you will join my team at Assignment Lounge, where me and my whole team work together to provide do my assignment service to students of schools, colleges and universities.. Please let me know what do you think about my offer...

wendy1 Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts Default Avatar
    Posted:
    1 messages
    Post Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:13 am
    I think you have written a great essay, its very structured, easy to read and you have used god vocab in your overall essay.Coming from a group of assignment writers I can safely endorse you work and skills to any one.

Best Conversation Starters

1 LUANDATO 153 topics
    2 lheiannie07 87 topics
    3 Roland2rule 75 topics
    4 AAPL 62 topics
    5 ardz24 60 topics
    See More Top Beat The GMAT Members...

Most Active Experts

1 image description EconomistGMATTutor

The Economist GMAT Tutor

166 posts
    2 image description GMATGuruNY

The Princeton Review Teacher

130 posts
    3 image description Jay@ManhattanReview

Manhattan Review

128 posts
    4 image description Rich.C@EMPOWERgma...

EMPOWERgmat

121 posts
    5 image description Brent@GMATPrepNow

GMAT Prep Now Teacher

99 posts
    See More Top Beat The GMAT Experts