question on essays

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

question on essays

by cavalera_110 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:28 pm
Stacy,
Thank you for your response to my previous question.
In relation to the essays, several schools ask the candidates to elaborate on areas such as the research that a candidate did to know about the school, campus visits, his/her fit to the community etc.
My question is related to my particular case only. My work has me travelling extensively, and I do not get many chances to visit campuses/ meet students etc. I have attended a few information sessions but most of my knowledge about schools comes from online research.
Is this appropriate to be mentioned in the essays or would it show a lack of a dedicated effort from my side to know about the schools and their programs. Should I try to visit campuses/ classes etc. to gather more information?
Thanks a lot for your guidance!
This blog is very informative..

Pavan
pavan.

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:113 members

by Stacy Blackman » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:32 am
The more research you can do, the better. It will help you in this process in many ways. You say that you are busy with travel but it sounds like you may be able to visit in spite of that. If you can visit, I fully recommend it! If not, you can call the admissions office and be put in touch with students or alums, and can certainly do research online. Any way that you can learn is valuable. Your research will pay off when writing essays and in yoru interviews.
Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: https://stacyblackman.com/contact
S T A C Y B L A C K M A N Consulting
Admissions Strategy
www.StacyBlackman.com

Read the SBC blog.

Follow me on Twitter.
Like SBC on Facebook.

Learn more about me